Mare Nostrum» Forums » General

Subject: German and English editions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valeriy Polyakov
Finland
Kylmala
flag msg tools
German edition is the cheapest. I want to buy it. And I have expansion (english version). Will theese to editions connectable?
Is there any difference in cards and map between German and English Editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer_OK wrote:
German edition is the cheapest. I want to buy it. And I have expansion (english version). Will theese to editions connectable?
Is there any difference in cards and map between German and English Editions?

Yes, these editions can 'connect' meeple if you don't mind having German texts on the cards.

Only snag is that the main rules in German screw up in a few important places. They allow for intentional destruction of your own markets, cities, and the like (which is forbidden), and they get the rules for movement and attack wrong. Be sure to look at the rules questions in this forum, especially the later ones (>= 2007 to 2008) when it became known what the correct way of doing things is. Finally, Cleopatra has a faulty description, she's only active during the building phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.