Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Skinner
Canada
Beaumont
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to sell my friends on this game, I'll need to have a couple of small armies that are big enough to demonstrate how he game works. I'm getting the Revised Core box, but my impression is that the two armies aren't really big enough to show off the game. I'd like to buy the original box to expand, but I'm not willing to pay the overinflated price it's going for these days.

I bought the command squads for Allies and Axis to paint up a while ago, but they don't expand the RCB forces very neatly - they basically give me an alternative command section. So what us a reasonably economical set of purchases to expand the RCB forces to 150-200 points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a medium walker box for each side, and the spec ops boxes for each side.

That will let you expand your platoon, add some neat stuff (snipers, artillery attacks, very cool looking walkers.) With the walker boxes, each box lets you choose between 3-4 different walkers, so it opens up lots of possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Felkor wrote:
Buy a medium walker box for each side, and the spec ops boxes for each side.

That will let you expand your platoon, add some neat stuff (snipers, artillery attacks, very cool looking walkers.) With the walker boxes, each box lets you choose between 3-4 different walkers, so it opens up lots of possibilities.

Don't forget about Platoon structure. For Allies, Assault Platoons can't take medium walkers. Also, with no artillery, the observer team from the spec ops box would be pointless.
I'd say for allies perhaps "the gunners" combat ranger squad and then either the "grim reapers" heavy ranger attack squad OR the light walker boxed set. Then that would bring the allies up to between 157 and 167 points.

As for Axis, the boxed set starts off with 140 points, so you'd probably only need one more unit to bring them up to equivalent points. I'd say probably either: Laser Grenadiers, Axis Zombies, or the spec ops team.

And then both of the teams would each be a single platoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, although Alan did say he bought the command squads, so he'd be able to do the Combat Platoon which can contain any walker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.