Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the police wagon that you get when Deputy go to Innsmouth, Kingsport, and Dunwich too or just Arkham?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hogan Brimacombe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
The best laid plans of mice and men, often go awry...
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, any expansion board counts as "In arkham" whenever the phrase "in arkham" is used. See the dunwich rules, page 5 top left hand corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Can the police wagon that you get when Deputy go to Innsmouth, Kingsport, and Dunwich too or just Arkham?

Anywhere. Anything that says "In Arkham" typically applies to all the expansion boards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
except, I thought, those places requiring a boat...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, so not to the Reef and Y'ha'ntlei in Innsmouth, and not to the Kingsport head, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The Professor wrote:
except, I thought, those places requiring a boat...?

That's the "non-typical" part. There is always an exception in Arkham. Well, almost always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can technically go to Devil Reef, but I disallow it with my group on the ground of theme. I allow them, instead, to drive to Falcon Point and charter a boat in the same movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
You can technically go to Devil Reef, but I disallow it with my group on the ground of theme. I allow them, instead, to drive to Falcon Point and charter a boat in the same movement.

You cannot go to Devil Reef using the Patrol Wagon. I disallow it too, but not because of theme, but because of the Innsmouth rules (pg.6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamemaster wrote:
kungfro wrote:

You cannot go to Devil Reef using the Patrol Wagon. I disallow it too, but not because of theme, but because of the Innsmouth rules (pg.6).

I'm assuming that you are referring to
Innsmouth Rules pg. 6 wrote:
These two locations are not connected to the rest of the
Innsmouth board. They can only be reached by aquatic
movement
. Investigators can use the Falcon Point location
ability to make aquatic moves as needed.
my emphasis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WAIT. No, I mean, there's no rules disallowing you to LEAVE Devil Reef or Y'ha-Nthlei using the Patrol wagon.

Sorry, sorry..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
WAIT. No, I mean, there's no rules disallowing you to LEAVE Devil Reef or Y'ha-Nthlei using the Patrol wagon.

Sorry, sorry..
I merely popped the quote for reference and to see if it would stimulate debate. I was half of the opinion that as I couldn't find it FAQed and that Innsmouth was published after Patrol Wagon and contained no clarification (despite containing specific strictures regarding Y'ha-Nthlei) and that cards override general rules... there was a possibility that you could get to Devil's Reef by Patrol Wagon.

Frankly, if you can leave by Patrol Wagon, I see no reason why you can't arrive by it. Either way, the Patrol Wagon is travelling across water! Personally, I rule again the trip in either direction. From the books I got no impression that the tide ever went out far enough to uncover a land-based route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
kungfro wrote:
Frankly, if you can leave by Patrol Wagon, I see no reason why you can't arrive by it. Either way, the Patrol Wagon is travelling across water! Personally, I rule again the trip in either direction. From the books I got no impression that the tide ever went out far enough to uncover a land-based route.

There is a rule:
The patrol wagon states "if you are in Arkham you may move to any street area or location in Arkham..."

So if Devil's Reef does not count as an Arkham location for moving to it, then it isn't in Arkham for moving away from it.

Of course the counter arguement to this is that the rules only say "not connected to the rest of Innsmouth must use aquatic movement" but Kingsport isn't connected to the Innsmouth map either and you are allowing driving between them instead of bus and train. Plus you would stil be in Arkham if, for example, a Chthonian was shaking things around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Addendum: if you have speed 0, could you use the patrol wagon to move from Devil's Reef to Y'ha-nthlei?

I'd say "no" unless you allowed moving to anywhere else in Arkham because either you count these two locations as in Arkham for all patrol wagon movement options or they don't count as in Arkham for any movement options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Postmark wrote:
Addendum: if you have speed 0, could you use the patrol wagon to move from Devil's Reef to Y'ha-nthlei?

I'd say "no" unless you allowed moving to anywhere else in Arkham because either you count these two locations as in Arkham for all patrol wagon movement options or they don't count as in Arkham for any movement options.

You are correct; no.

The Patrol Wagon can never take you to Devil's Reef, Y'ha-nthlei, or any Kingsport Head location.

BTW, the above locations are considered "in Arkham." It's just that Patrol Wagon has more specific movement rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Full Doom Track
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
I also believe this includes the Wireless station, does it not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip, it is stated in expansion books that any effect that says "in Arkham" also applies to expansion boards. Thus the Wagon can be used to move to anywhere in Dunwich, then from there to anywhere in Kingsport, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.