Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General v22 #2 (some questions/answers edited to be more pithy)

19.15 Does a non-fully crewed LMG automatically malf. if firing from a group containing only regular rifles on a red 6 RNC?

A: No. The LMG automatically malf. on a red 5 RNC...

20.2 May a player elect to cancel remaining designated infiltration attempts upon seeing the result of earlier ones?

A: No, that's why they have to be predesignated to begin with

20.8 When a group is eliminated in CC and its terrain is captured, is the capturing group also entitled to a change of range or Group ID chit?

A: No

21.2 Does an infiltrator who sets off a Demolition Charge lost its infiltration status?

A: Yes.

21.2 How can a Demolition Charge be used with a strength of 8 against an AFV?

A. It cannot. A demo charge can be used vs armorer targets only in CC and only as a +4 CC DRM (28.81)

21.3 Do Smoke or Fire cards modify a Demo Charge attack?

A. Only those on the defender's group- not the attacker's.

23.8 Can a pillbox be encircled?

A. Yes, but 23.8 overrides the effects of 17.612 (i.e. Flanking Fire vs a pillbox is obtainable only by 23.7)

24.33 How does an AFV exit a minefield?

A. Minefield attacks vs an AFV are treated exactly the same as if they were against an infantry group except that it attacks with a base anti-armor strength of 1.

28.46 Does this flank shot apply to non-ordnance shots when an AFV plays a Sideways movement card?

A. No.

28.61 Can a Concealed card be played to aid the defense of an AFV or its crew against a non-ordnance attack?

A. No.

28.8 Once a man has infiltrated vs an AFV, does he have to play a Movement card or undergo a Morale Check in order to attack that AFV?

A. No. Either a Morale Check or Movement card was required for the infiltration attempt, but once infiltrated, the CC attack occurs immediately with no further requirements.

28.9 What effect does being Hull Down have on an Infantry Gun being fired on by non-ordnance weapons?

A. None, other than the normal application of the terrain card's TEM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

19.15 Does a non-fully crewed LMG automatically malf. if firing from a group containing only regular rifles on a red 6 RNC?

Technically, this answer is incorrect. If there were 2 or more firing weapons that malfunction on a Red 5 (exc. Flame throwers & captured enemy weapons which automatically break when any malfunction number comes up), then an RPC card is drawn determine which Red 5 weapon breaks.

Not common because of the multiple LMG rule later added in Banzai, but it could happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rri1 wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:

Technically, this answer is incorrect. If there were 2 or more firing weapons that malfunction on a Red 5 (exc. Flame throwers & captured enemy weapons which automatically break when any malfunction number comes up), then an RPC card is drawn determine which Red 5 weapon breaks.

Not common because of the multiple LMG rule later added in Banzai, but it could happen.

Well now see I didn't think editing the questions/answers down would matter... here's the full version:

Does a non-fully crewed LMG (or a captured weapon) automatically malf. if firing from a group containing only regular rifles on a red 6 RNC?

A: No. The LMG or captured weapon would automatically malf. on a red 5 RNC; but should a red 6 RNC be drawn, the question of which weapon may malf. is resolved normally.[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

I don't understand this answer. A fire card isn't even needed to use a Demo Charge. And I don't see in rule 21 anything about smoke having any affect on the attack. Perhaps it's talking about the entire process of infiltrating first in order to use the Demo Charge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DiploGuy wrote:

Well now see I didn't think editing the questions/answers down would matter...

Your the editing did not matter!

The problem was the answer assumed that the uncrewed LMG was the only weapon that could break on a red 5. It is possible two or more weapons that break on a red 5 can be in the same group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Kendrick
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
DiploGuy wrote:
DiploGuy wrote:

I don't understand this answer. A fire card isn't even needed to use a Demo Charge. And I don't see in rule 21 anything about smoke having any affect on the attack. Perhaps it's talking about the entire process of infiltrating first in order to use the Demo Charge?

21.3 says:

A Demolition Charge attacks the infiltrated group with a Fire Strength of 8 (prior to any modification for concealment and/or defender's terrain) and does not require the play of a Fire card.

So you're right about the Fire card and I don't know why the Q&A mentions this either! However, it does make clear that the DC effect is modified by defender's terrain, and a Smoke card is Artificial Terrain (as is Wire) and would therefore give the defender a -1 modifier (just as the Wire would give the defender a +1 modifier).
This is confirmed by the errata:

A. Only Smoke cards on the defender's group modify a Demo Charge attack.

This can easily be rationalised in that Smoke makes it harder to place the DC for maximum effect (although it makes it easier to infiltrate in the first place, as you observe), and Wire represents the defender being in some kind of awkward situation and therefore more exposed. (Concealment might be a little harder to rationalise, unless again you see it as the defender hiding themselves so the DC isn't placed so close to them.)

And you know, writing this, it occurred to me that maybe the original question contained a misprint and should have read:

21.3 Do Smoke or Wire cards modify a Demo Charge attack?

Which is a more sensible question, and one that I answered above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.