Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when two different gold nugget forest are completed at the same time with the same tile? The rulebook says no chaining with bonus tile placement (can't place a bonus tile to complete a bonus feature to get another bonus tile), but it doesn't say anything about completing two bonus features at once. We just played that the player drew and played two bonus tiles instead of one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Our interpretation: There is a limit of 1 bonus tile per turn. Doesn't matter how many forests with gold nuggets you complete at one time. This fits the spirit of the rules (ie: no chaining, 1 bonus tile regardless of the number of gold nuggets present) even if it's not a specified rule.

Obviously, you are entitled to your own interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I would also agree with Edward. The timing is that you take a bonus tile after you score. All scoring should take place first and then check for the bonus. The rules imply only one bonus tile per round. They are specific that more than one gold nugget in the same forest grants you only one bonus. They are specific about no chain reactions. They are silent on this specific situation but I assume it is more because it was overlooked and not because they meant to allow it. In my plays, it has never come up. Closing two features at once is common, but not completing both with nuggets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses, you guys are fast! It is an odd situation, it's only come up once for me, just today. I think I'll play the limit of one per turn, it does seem to be in the spirit of the rules. Well, unless it's my girlfriend, she can do whatever she wants as long as she enjoys playing board games with me all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This issue came up in my play yesterday, yet I'm not convinced by answers here. Is there any official ruling?

The rules do say that, if a forest gets score then the one closing it gets a bonus tile, if there's a gold nugget in the forest. It's the same type of assumption, based on the rules, as is one that you could only get 1 bonus tile per turn (and a bit weird rules not saying it as directly if that was intended: you get 1 bonus tile per turn and period. Would also make the rules shorter).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liallan G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if there's an "official" ruling but there isn't anything else in the forums that I've found. Usually when there's a rule missing, people try to follow what they believe is the spirit or purpose of the rules. Because there are two other situations in which you only get one bonus tile, and those very explicitly stated, the "spirit" seems to be that you only get one bonus tile in a turn.

I have never even questioned this. There are no other situations that allow taking two bonus tiles (even when there's more nuggets), and I don't see why this situation would be different. If it allowed "chaining" then I might question it a bit more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Winnowski
United States
Upper St Clair
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I agree 100% with Liallan, one bonus per turn no matter what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ien C.
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case any one missed the other thread about this, there IS an official ruling from Z-Man, as also captured in their reworded rules (here: http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Carcassonne_Hunters&Gatherers...)
for their reprint:
Z-Man rules wrote:
Regardless of how many nuggets are found in a forest, or of how many forests were completed, only one Bonus
tile may be awarded per turn.

(Naturally, they introduced mistakes in that rewording, i.e. 2 points per "forest tile" instead of the old and correct 2 points per "forest segment", but there you go...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.