6 Posts

Chaos Isle: Zombi Deck» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Considering this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Stone
United States
flag msg tools
Consider no more. This game rocks! Honestly, I love it. Read this whole review, or just the part you're interested in, but know one thing: This Game is Amazing!

I bought this game because of the single player. I looked long and hard for any single player card game that was self contained (I don't have the kind of money to continuously buy booster packs and what-not). I wanted this to play on breaks at work, or to give me an alternative to playing videogames, or even just as a good time "waster." Believe me.. it does not waste your time. It's worth every minute. And playing solo could take from 10-30 mins, usually. Well, I tried this game, Onirim, and Dungeon Raiders. Without any doubt at all, this game trumps the other two. The game may have a decent amount of rules, but you can easily learn them as you play through. It's simple, fun, goofy, and scary. And you kill zombis! No lie, one of the best card games I've ever played, even compared to TCGs.

Then I began to show the game off to my friends and played the basic multiplayer gametype. You lose nothing in the multiplayer game type. It's just as amazing. Even more-so, probably. If you die in multiplayer, you turn into a zombi and attack your friend(s). Everyone I played with (no joke, literally everyone) loved this game. That includes my girlfriend, and my best friend's gf. This game isn't just for dudes. The only time my gf didn't like it was when she had a series of unfortunate dice rolls. She ended up turning into a zombi and killing me anyway. I play this game at friends' houses, at work with coworkers (including managers), and even by myself anywhere I go! The game is easily portable, and extremely fun. Because of me, two of my friends have their own versions now too, and more are getting ever closer to purchasing their own copy.

Then finally, after buying the Deluxe edition that comes with all the expansions, I played the game in it's entirety with all expansions. Yes, the core deck is completely amazing and I love it a lot. The deluxe though, wow... the expansions somehow up the gameplay. I didn't think this game could get better, but it did. More rules suck, but once again, they were so easy to learn. This game will never get boring. The deluxe edition makes the game more portable with it's own carrying case, sleeves, dice, and beads. No one is going to scratch your cards, you'll always have your life counters, and you never need to scramble for a spare pair of dice. Deluxe edition is definitely worth it. I liked it so much I bought a copy for my Cousin who's enlisted in the Air Force and is currently out of the country in far away places. This game is perfect for him. Up to six players, get all his airforce buddies, comes with everything you need, doesn't need makeshift items, and easily portable for his military life on the go.

To sum it up, you guys know I obviously love this game. There are some downsides to it. Sometimes you die in your first turn. Happened to me, it'll happen to you. It's frustrating as heck, but don't let that discourage you. There will be times when you wipe the floor with the zombis. I have had angry spouts and happy yelps of joy, but isn't that the makings of a good game? And I'm not lying, all the many people I have played with have walked away wanting to play more. People keep asking me, "Hey! Have that zombie game with you?" At least give the core deck a try. It's fairly inexpensive, and the fun will last you a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to Board Game Geek!
It's nice to see such enthusiasm for a game.

If you like small footprint card games that can be played solo and multiplayer with a big theme (I noticed you don't rate onirim), may I suggest you take a look at

Adventure of D
Chrononauts
The Isle of Doctor Necreaux
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game

all four of these should be right up your steet. Small box card games that can be played alone or with friends is one of my favourite categories.

Let us know what you think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool review! I, too, feel the same excitement for this game. I love all the different game modes and with the expansions the replayability is awesome. I don 't have the deluxe version yet, but you've just talked me into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Perrault
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
Review isn't anything special, but not bad for a first-timer. I didn't need a review to let me know I wanted this, already had the base game. Deluxe Kit is much better, really the complete package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raimund Bubelis
Canada
Welland
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
Hello and welcome to Board Game Geek!
It's nice to see such enthusiasm for a game.

If you like small footprint card games that can be played solo and multiplayer with a big theme (I noticed you don't rate onirim), may I suggest you take a look at

Adventure of D
Chrononauts
The Isle of Doctor Necreaux
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game

all four of these should be right up your steet. Small box card games that can be played alone or with friends is one of my favourite categories.

Let us know what you think

I would add Friday to the list as a great solo game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well for anyone that likes zombies or that was considering this game, they have a crazy deal going on now with all expansions for $20.

www.realmsmastersgameforge.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.