Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say you can place a Noble on any Kingdom Space on the board. Can you place them on cities if the strength of your army is greater than the City's defense at setup?

You could conceivably take quite a few cities on Turn 1....although I guess you're limited by the total strength of your armies....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:
The rules say you can place a Noble on any Kingdom Space on the board. Can you place them on cities if the strength of your army is greater than the City's defense at setup?

You could conceivably take quite a few cities on Turn 1....although I guess you're limited by the total strength of your armies....

Hopefully this is quick enough answer

Rules wrote:
Barons take turns placing
one Noble who has been assigned troops on any
Kingdom area of the board. Nobles may not be placed in
overseas areas or in the same area as another Baron’s
Noble or stronghold. A Baron may place Nobles in areas
that contain his stronghold or other Nobles he controls.

Those are the rules, so you can place your nobles in empty Kingdom cities. The strength of your army doesn't matter here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikecl wrote:

And the number of attacks you can initiate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you're in time. Thanks! Ok...that is the wording. It makes for a particularly tight game in two player seeing as you have four Nobles and only need Five Cities to win.

I thought since later on you can only bring new armies into the game in areas you control that I was missing something and perhaps you had to bring them into the game on setup at your Stronghold and then move out from there but I guess not.

Appreciate the quick reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.