Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Metcalf
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: Ottomans have a '2' influence marker on Venice and can only deactivate V. Venice is not currently activated by anyone. When it comes time to resolve Venetian influence, is Otts influence there primarily as a defense against any other power activating V. In other words, if the Otts win the influence, I assume the status quo remains - no one activates V (but Otts lose their 2 influence for the coming turn). True?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that is correct. Too bad for you I am usually wrong! :-)

Wait for some others to respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You are both correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beat me to it Ed

Speaking from the playtest chair, the whole purpose behind the activate-deactivate restrictions on the minors is to stop the more wildly ahistorical alignments (like the Venetian Merchants who were pretty stridently Catholic allying with the Turk). In fact, the diplomatic isolation of the Ottomans is reflected in the Diplomatic Influence Table in that there is no power - Minor or Major - that they can activate. All they can do is deactivate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.