Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have gotten an amazing response so far to Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule!, our card game of rhyme and reason. As the game's designer, I really appreciate all the help from the community that got GDFR! to the point where it is now, and all of the support that has been given since we went live on Kickstarter:

http://kck.st/fairiesrule

With our campaign starting off strong and convention season coming up, we are reaching out to people in the community who are passionate and excited about this project as well. If you like what you've seen of Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! and would like to see it succeed, you can help us get the word out.
Below is a link to a promotional flyer we have prepared, which you are free to distribute digitally to friends you think might like the game - or print it out to distribute at cons and your friendly local game stores. meeple

http://www.game-o-gami.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/GDFR/g...

Thank you so much for helping grassroots game developers realize their dreams and bring just a little bit more fun into the world. And if you do end up handing out these flyers, we'd love to hear about it! You can either message me here on BGG, or leave a comment on the Kickstarter page. If you've read this far, you rock. Thank you very much,

David Luis Sanhueza
Founder, Creative Director
GAME-O-GAMI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this project. I love the artwork (I'm tempted to back it just for that). In your honest opinion, though, does the game work for a group of adults, or do you really need a few kids in the group to make it work? I don't play with kids, but some of my friends do (and by virtue of my posting here, they're sure to see it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tim,
I'm glad the face-value merits of this project have you interested. To answer your question, yes, the game absolutely works for a group of adults. Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! has been playtested with many groups of adults, and the reactions we've gotten have always been positive.

Although the mechanics are simple, the game is a bit of a brainteaser, and every move has consequences that need to be thought through. This action-reaction puzzle element of the game really appeals to older gamers, and even they can't help but giggle at the character names and illustrations. The theme is obviously geared towards kids, so that is where some adults hesitate, especially older males. But once they start playing, they have fun.

I hope that you, your friends, and your friends' kids will enjoy playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gameogami wrote:
Hi Tim,
This action-reaction puzzle element of the game really appeals to older gamers, and even they can't help but giggle at the character names and illustrations. The theme is obviously geared towards kids, so that is where some adults hesitate, especially older males. But once they start playing, they have fun.

I love puzzle games and I have plenty of games in my collection that feature goblins, so that's not an issue.

Edit: I read the rules and went ahead and backed it. It sounds clever. Worse case scenario it will become one of those games like "Aye Dark Overlord" that sits on my shelf unplayed, but stays there because I just like looking at it so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

We really appreciate your support, Tim. Thank you! Lookout for your goblin nickname in the comments section of the Kickstarter page soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
debbie k
msg tools
Congratulations, Dave!
You've made it! YEA!!!
meeple
Love you!!!
Debbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sunflower55 wrote:
Congratulations, Dave!
You've made it! YEA!!!
meeple
Love you!!!
Debbie

LOL! Were you the one who put us at $5,000? kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
great stuff folks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

You guys have already pushed us past our initial goal AND our first stretch goal. Now we've set a new stretch goal of $15,000 in funding. If GDFR! gets the support needed to raise that amount, then the game box will be upgraded from cardboard to a collectible tin! So the more backers we get from this point on, the better the game will get for EVERYBODY.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/springboard/goblins-droo...

You can help this project reach that goal by continuing to promote Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule! to your network of friends and within your community. With your support, I know we can do this! Thank you so much.

- Sanhueza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sanhueza at GAME-O-GAMI
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just whipped up an alternate version of the flyer. This one has take-away tabs with the Kickstarter URL, making it perfect for hanging up around your school/community. whistle

http://www.game-o-gami.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/GDFR/g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.