Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing solo with software from http://keldon.net/rftg/. During Produce, I was only able to select one produce power, such as "put a good on a windfall" OR "draw one card for each kind of good produced" power from Diversified Economy. Why wasn't I able to do both? Is this a rule in the game? I couldn't find anything on page pg.7 Produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
felipe1982 wrote:
I'm playing solo with software from http://keldon.net/rftg/. During Produce, I was only able to select one produce power, such as "put a good on a windfall" OR "draw one card for each kind of good produced" power from Diversified Economy. Why wasn't I able to do both? Is this a rule in the game? I couldn't find anything on page pg.7 Produce.

Hmm, are you sure? If you have only 2 produce powers, the AI will automatically initiate the second after you choose the first. So my bet is that it automatically drew cards for you -or- produced on your (only) windfall after you chose one or the other.

It looks to me (from your image) that you both produced on 2 windfalls and received 5 cards into your hand for Producing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably just a sequencing thing. Because if you drew cards before you produced on your windfall, you would draw one less card, presumably, from Diversified Economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Once all the remaining powers have no decisions necessary from the player, it does them all automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
felipe1982 wrote:

Hmm, are you sure? If you have only 2 produce powers, the AI will automatically initiate the second after you choose the first. So my bet is that it automatically drew cards for you -or- produced on your (only) windfall after you chose one or the other.

It looks to me (from your image) that you both produced on 2 windfalls and received 5 cards into your hand for Producing?

Agree with this assessment. It looks like the OP did receive his full due of benefits from his V powers, so thta shold be squared away.

As far as powers it asked you to invoke...
--Gem World is automatic... either it you can do it, or can't... it handles this for you
--Mining Conglomerate is also automatic... it'll give you the 2 cards based on how many brown goods you produced vs. your opponents. Note that MC only gets done after all your other V powers, and is the only V power that gets done as the very last thing for the V phase!

--Diversified Econ always has to be manually invoked... It does make a difference
--Ditto with Mining League

tool wrote:
Once all the remaining powers have no decisions necessary from the player, it does them all automatically.
I'm thinking this is the case... so the sequence is either one of the 2....

1) Gem World get done automatically... draw 1 card (1of5)
2) You choose your V bonus power to produce on Asteroid Belt *
3) You choose your Mining League power to produce on Alpha Centauri *
4) at this point, you only have DE's V power left to resolve. It doesn't bother prompting u, it just does it, and gives you 2 more cards (3of5)
5) MC kicks in automatically and gives you your last 2 cards (5of5)

Same difference the other way around....
1) Gem World get done automatically... draw 1 card (1of5)
2) You choose your V bonus power to produce on Asteroid Belt *
3) You choose Diversified Econ, and since you produced 2 blue (Secl. World + Gem World) and Asteroid Belt*, it awards you 2 cards.
4) at this point, Mining League's V power is the only thing left to resolve. It doesn't bother prompting u, it just does it, and causes Alpha Centauri to produce automatically (since it's the only brown, windfall world left without a good).
5) MC kicks in automatically and gives you your last 2 cards, since you are recorded as producing 2 brown goods.

* you can swap the order of production for these 2, they're interchangeable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After selecting the suggested move, the rest of the moves are done automatically. I hadn't noticed shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.