Subject: Increasing odds of events appearing with more event cards.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Asc. certainly requires skill to play well, there is alot of inherit chaos and randomness too that I try not to take the game THAT seriously. On a similar note, there has been alot of discussion on the iOS blogs about both the technical and gameplay de/merits of being able to combine base + SoS cards together (perhaps until a future update, u currently can't do this).

It really would dilute the deck and keep trophies and events from coming out with much frequency. Again, I don't particularily mind this given what I know of the series (which is why while I find the proposed variant linked below to be not bad at all, I would appreciate less predictability). But for a boxed version of the game, would a reasonable to add another copy of each event when adding the RotF set, and 1 or 2 additional copies of each event for CotG (since this set has about twice as many total Portal deck cards as RotF set)? Both from a gameplay perspective *, and components percpective? For the latter, that may be only feasible if you sleeve your cards and use extras as proxies with a sheet of paper inside it.

* If somethinkg like Ogo Rising came up while the current event was Ogo Rising... no biggie. It just replaces itself.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/754105/variant-to-guarantee-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
In a real tree game, just set the events a side and every 2-3 turns change the event, it works fine with my group, at the very least the fanatic won't sit there too long. If ios did the same thing problem solved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazedyeti wrote:
In a real tree game, just set the events a side and every 2-3 turns change the event, it works fine with my group, at the very least the fanatic won't sit there too long. If ios did the same thing problem solved.
"real tree game"... is that some sort of tournament thing, or similar to the custom cubes that Gary Games suggest users coming up with their own?

At any rate, what you mentioned is still too evenly spaced out and 'predictable'. I like the chaos of knowing that for example, one game, we could have no event for the first 2/3 of the game, and then hit 6 event cards for the 2nd half of the game while for another game. Or a 2nd game where the event cards are spaced evenly as you suggested. Then, a 3rd game where most of the event cards appear towards the beginning.

Simply double, tripling up, or beyond the event cards of each type to keep eventless durations to be shorter is really the only proposed change there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Carvalho
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
I dwell in possibility
badge
Forever is composed of nows
mbmb
"real tree game" is simply good old fashion paper, not the ios

yeah I do agree it does become predictable, but at least you actually see at least 1 per game. The next set will add another five or so. Another idea is start the game with one in play or create your own either way by August or some well get some new events, unless of course GG sells some promo events in the mean time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.