Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, it's totally gotten out of hand! It's usually me, my wife, and our 12-year-old son. We play several times a week. Winners vary (though the wife probably edges us guys out a bit in win totals).

First, we got the base game. Then, The River II. Then, Inns & Cathedrals. Finally, The Phantom . . . and we just played with all of those! (just got The Phantom yesterday). I gotta say, we all loved our phantom meeples, so I guess we'll be playing with the base + 3 expansions. Just crazy!

Anyone else this hardcore about Carcassonne? I didn't press my wife into gaming at all, then one day she noticed us playing an interesting game called Pandemic. She played and loved it. Then one time at some friends' house, she fell in love with Carcassonne. That's what she wants to play, so that's what we play at least 3 times a week! And occasionally, Pandemic gets sprinkled in. My son and I are going to have to start sneaking out to play other games lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! Our family tries to play board games 3 times a week but often it's 1-2. We started with Carc and Settlers but haven't gone back to those in a while. They are both on our "revisit" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We got passed that crazy phase. But we were in it for like 6 months a years or so ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Broox
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
foxfan wrote:
Seriously, it's totally gotten out of hand! It's usually me, my wife, and our 12-year-old son. We play several times a week. Winners vary (though the wife probably edges us guys out a bit in win totals).

First, we got the base game. Then, The River II. Then, Inns & Cathedrals. Finally, The Phantom . . . and we just played with all of those! (just got The Phantom yesterday). I gotta say, we all loved our phantom meeples, so I guess we'll be playing with the base + 3 expansions. Just crazy!

Anyone else this hardcore about Carcassonne? I didn't press my wife into gaming at all, then one day she noticed us playing an interesting game called Pandemic. She played and loved it. Then one time at some friends' house, she fell in love with Carcassonne. That's what she wants to play, so that's what we play at least 3 times a week! And occasionally, Pandemic gets sprinkled in. My son and I are going to have to start sneaking out to play other games lol.

We routinely mix in all the expansions (except catapult) and play huge games that cover a pool table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L H
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I will play with all the expansions (except Count, Catapult, Plague, and Bazaars) about once a month. I am also teaching my 7 year old twins how to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kay Lee
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
my crazy phase was playing dominion and all its expansions for one year straight. now my friends have caught dominion fever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lik11 wrote:
my crazy phase was playing dominion and all its expansions for one year straight. now my friends have caught dominion fever.

Ah, cool, I see you're a fellow Zelda fan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Moors
Belgium
Dilsen-Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately we often play New World: A Carcassonne game. The pressure of the landlords pushing your meeples away from the east coast of America is pretty exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Velasquez
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's not crazy. play with as many expansions as are available and then start up another game as soon as you can and then we can talk about crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now only play with a couple expansions at a time. Once we got to the 3 or 4 expansion level we felt that it was taking too long unless we played with less expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
We now only play with a couple expansions at a time. Once we got to the 3 or 4 expansion level we felt that it was taking too long unless we played with less expansions.

Now we're at the point where, if I want a shorter game, I ask my wife to leave out Inns & Cathedrals. Sometimes she agrees, sometimes she does not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan D
United Kingdom
Brislington
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep we love it too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a couple Carc games this weekend, one just base to get back in the flow of things, the 2nd game was base+inns+river 2. So two of our oldest games (Carc and SoC) are "revisited".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.