Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
When you look at your collection you get a list of games you own sorted alphabetically with the names of the version you own (or eg my ranking but still with the version names).
For instance I own "Het Verboden Eiland", the Dutch version of Forbidden Island. This game is listed under V, not under F.

When a good friend wanted to sent me a surprise game he picked Forbidden Island, since clearly I didn't list it as owned

Could we have a collection view where it used the default/general name of the game and not the version name?
And maybe put up a warning for all Secret Santas out there to be aware of "versions".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
K I S S
badge
Tennessee Titans
mbmbmbmbmb

Perfect Idea, it's the same when you view your own collection with a game having many expansions..., you'll find some here (sorting english name), some there (sorting country wise names like german, dutch, and so on...), really stupid.

I think the history of this came from the "first" posting of an game or expansion, the first entry counts...!?

Sometime you'll finding the entry in your choosen language but no cover picture..., makes me also not happy... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.