Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thoughts on house rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Just wondering what house rules everyone uses, and also what you think of the following ideas, not necessarily to all be used at once.

#1) The player with the summoning stone must make a successful roll to exit the dungeon and win. This roll uses one dice and must be greater or equal to 6 - skill/2. (So a player with a skill of 4 needs to roll 4+, a skill of 1 needs to roll a 6, a skill of 2 needs to roll 5+) - this could make the end game more climatic, and give chasing heroes a chance. It might also make low skill heroes consider putting points into skill.

#1-alternate) When the summoner stone is first retrieved, an encounter card is placed on the exit tile. The player with the summoning stone must defeat the encounter to exit. The encounter must be a monster, if you pick a trap, put it at the bottom of the encounter pile.

#1-alternate-b) When the summoner stone is first retrieved, the boss is placed on the exit tile, and recovers one health. Every time a player starts a new turn, the boss regenerates one health. The player with the summoning stone must defeat the boss to exit.

#2) The boss may roam up to 4 tiles, as opposed to anywhere in the dungeon. This is still considered a teleport so he does not encounter players along the path.

#3) When the game is started the first player rolls the dice for a "Mystic Number". Whatever number is rolled, is used for the rest of the game as a "chance encounter". So if a 2 is rolled at the start of the game, when you place a new tile, if you roll a 2 you will have an encounter (even if that tile didn't have a 2 for encounter).

#3b) You could extend on this, and say that if the player wins the encounter on their first attempt, they get to roll once dice again, if they roll the "Mystic Number" they get to take a treasure from the pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morbaus Litchsmack
msg tools
Our house rule is to put the game back in the box and wait for the expansion

I know that sounds mean, but my group hates it and i really want to love it
its just lacking that Dungeon running feel........unless you make your own rules, that makes any game better. (well some of them)

p.s. i will try yoursarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.