Popular Tags: [View All]
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Path of Conquest
Start with eight dragons arranged in starting positions around the board. Select one to represent yourself. Draw three tiles. Place a tile in a position to move your chosen dragon. Draw a tile. Continue drawing and placing tiles, moving your dragon each turn. But seek to destroy all of the others, by running them off the board or by making them collide. Dragons which collide or move to the edge are removed. You win if you place all 35 tiles and conquer all of the other dragons.

The Path of Harmony
Enlightenment comes to those who realize that self is an illusion. As before, place eight dragons in starting positions around the board and draw three tiles. Place a tile in a position to move any of the dragons. Draw a tile. Continue drawing and placing tiles, moving any of the dragons each turn. This time seek to preserve all of the dragons. Avoid running the dragons off the board and keep them from colliding. Place all of the tiles. Be careful to completely fill the board, for if you miss a spot, and you come near to the end with many dragons facing one empty spot, while you have a tile left, when you place it, they will annihilate each other.

Novice: End the game with six dragons all facing the one empty spot.
Apprentice: End the game with seven dragons all facing the one empty spot.
Master: End the game with eight dragons all facing the one empty spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll have to try these. Sounds fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After numerous attempts, I have achieved the Apprentice level on the Path of Harmony. Mastery still eludes me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've finally done it.

Notice the paws in the upper part of the picture. The cat did help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many attempts?

Seems like this would take me years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
How many attempts?

Seems like this would take me years.

If I just take all the tiles face up, I could find a configuration where all 8 dragons survive within an hour. Drawing them three at a time and doing the game in order it might take me 100 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took about twenty attempts. I now win about three of every four tries. Maybe I'll step it up and only have two tiles in my hand at once. Or one tile at at time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added a bit more challenge to the Path of Harmony variation.

Enlightenment comes to those who realize that self is an illusion. As before, place eight dragons in starting positions around the board and draw three tiles. Place the dragon tile in a central spot on the board. Place all three tiles in positions to move any of the dragons. Draw three tiles. Continue drawing and placing tiles three at a time, moving the appropriate dragons each turn. Seek to preserve all of the dragons by avoiding running the dragons off the board and keeping them from colliding. Place all of the tiles, completely fill the board leaving all of the dragons at the dragon tile in the center.

Novice: End the game with six dragons all facing the one empty spot.
Apprentice: End the game with seven dragons all facing the one empty spot.
Master: End the game with eight dragons all facing the one empty spot.

I've played three times this evening, twice Apprentice and once Master.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Saranac
Serbia
Kragujevac
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The path of conquest is really easy. All you have to do is to shortcut all other dragons with the nearest exit.

Therefore I started playing the more challenging variant.

Try to eliminate 6 of remaining dragons strictly by making them collide with each other (not by letting them fall of the edge!). Collisions at the edge of the board are allowed.

For easier game it is allowed to let one enemy dragon escape by leaving the board at any time.

For more difficult game try first to eliminate 6 dragons and then collide your dragon with the last remaining.

For the ultimate challenge, try to kill last dragon while putting 35th tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.