9 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » General

Subject: Can I write in the sea areas? (mild hidden spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit forgetful, and I'd like to write down the recruiting formula, for example, and maybe other little game aids, in empty bits of the boatd, like in the sea between Boob Town and North Africa. It strikes me tgat there's a chance (i think small though) that a future packet might have some sort of new island or something...

Ok, that does sound a bit far-fetched. Vets, am I good in your opinion to write stuff in the seas?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Re: Can I write in the sea areas? (maybe spoilers, will update after answered)
The recruiting formula is already on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your board - do with as you wish. If something comes along that clashes with modifications you made - then make more modifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
The recruiting formula is already on the board.
Is it? Lol I'm such a noob. I'll have a good look later.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbess wrote:
It's your board - do with as you wish. If something comes along that clashes with modifications you made - then make more modifications.

Cool, I like this.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Can I write in the sea areas? (no spoilers)
Couldn't find the recruiting formula in its entirety, although the two separate tables from it are there, so I don't need to add it, i guess.

But looking at the board, I realised that there's a lot of 'wasted' space in those sea areas.

I'm going to use a houserule to allow Players to name the seas (with no effect on gameplay - it's just for laffs).

I note there are 5 (or maybe 6 if you count the sea rea to the North of Britain) different main seas, which gives each Player a chance. Maybe I'll make it an additional 'Hold On' privilige.

Or it could be a consolation prize for being eliminated, i guess...

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron D
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
Mercury is my dog's name.
badge
I like hats.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
Couldn't find the recruiting formula in its entirety, although the two separate tables from it are there, so I don't need to add it, i guess.

But looking at the board, I realised that there's a lot of 'wasted' space in those sea areas. :D

I'm going to use a houserule to allow Players to name the seas (with no effect on gameplay - it's just for laffs).

I note there are 5 (or maybe 6 if you count the sea rea to the North of Britain) different main seas, which gives each Player a chance. Maybe I'll make it an additional 'Hold On' privilige.

Or it could be a consolation prize for being eliminated, i guess...

Eco

I wouldn't do this.

Minor spoilers:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Two of the sealed sections have things that could potentially mark some of your sea areas. If you have added a lot of writing or marks, it could get in the way of the game elements that will show up later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, now that's got me intrigued! I haven't read the spoiler, but I'm wondering what future thing could require not seas to not be named...hmm...

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I broke and read the spoiler. Thanksfor being vague, I don'regret reading it. I know what to do now

Incidentally, I'm very impressed with the overall level of spoiler-protection in these RL forums. We've got a great community here.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.