Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, All! I picked up Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin recently and it looks great! This is my first venture into the world of Thunderstone.

My question is re. the original base set and expansions that came before Advance. I have a shot at picking up all the previous sets at auction. Is it worth doing? I know Advance has changed some things. Should I ignore the old stuff and just pick up FUTURE expansions or take a shot at the auction?

Thoughts appreciated. And apologies if this topic's been done to death previously...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just hold off. Combining the old and new is finicky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like anything, it depends on the price. Thunderstone is still a great game, especially if you include a few TS:A rules ie. prepare. And epic variant is alot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat as you - I played "old" Thunderstone once and decided to buy Advance. Now, while I'm tempted to buy old expansions, I think it would be, as another poster said, too "finicky" to merge the two.

That said, I can't wait for Caverns of Bane to arrive to expand things.

Hold off if you can; I think it's worth it for consistency in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
I did fire off a bid on the T'Stone lot. It's the minimum asking price and I likely won't go higher. It would be a good grab for the money, especially since all the cards are sleeved! So we'll see what happens.

If I lose out on that lot, I'll content myself with Advance and future expansions. Thanks for the input!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.