BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: C.E. Bradley Ten-Pins Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Melissa Casto
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Has anyone heard of C.E. Bradley Ten-Pins Game? It is a very early 1900's bowling type game. I could only find it on Worth Point and I do not have a subscription for that site and not about to pay for one, just to find out about one game. I bought this at an auction. I got lucky because it was toward the end of the auction when people had mostly cleared out and there was a guy there who I think basically let me have it. I was bidding against him and all night everything I wanted he won. I think he decided to let me have this because he heard me talking about it and how I didn't win anything. Anyway he looked back at me and realized we were bidding too and he gave in. He told me I got a good game/good deal (it is worth a good bit, I guess according to him, despite the condition of the box).

I am trying to find out how much it is worth. It is not Milton Bradley. It is C.E. Bradley. The lower left hand corner has No. and the has a hand written number on it. On the right hand corner (lower) has Made for The N.D. Cass Co. Manchester, VT. Anthol, Mass. C.E. Bradley Corp. Battleboro, Vermont. I did see one similar but it has a different picture on the front on another site (an antique site) selling for $155.00, but if this one is older by a year or 2 or more or vice versa, I figure the price could be different. I am anxious to find out a year and price.

So sorry for putting this game question in with your game forum. I know you all deal with more strategic type games and such. I am hoping someone can help me. I also wonder how rare it is.

Thanks so much ahead of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well a copy in Mint to Near Mint with the box is rare, but as far as value goes, who knows. I've seen them priced at anywhere from $75-$150. Then again, I've seen people put them up in auctions, only to have them only fetch $30. If you put it up in auction, I'd set a reserve to protect yourself from having to part with it for some paltry sum. If you're looking to sell, that gets a bit more difficult. I personally would value it at $125, but that's priced to move. You could get $150 or more if you're patient and willing to wait for the right buyer. Unfortunately, unless you get lucky with a bidding war between two people that are both looking for a copy of the game, there probably won't be enough interest in the game to get paid on the higher end of the valuation.

Do you have any pictures? Are there any other markings that might indicate a production year? The older sets came in that cardboard brown box with lettering and minimal art. The newer sets were in a whiter box with colored art and lettering. Obviously the older set is tougher to find in great condition, so it's worth a little more, but both sets were made in the same decade, so it's not like the older set is going to be worth that much more. I'd say $100 for the newer colored box and $125+ for the older brown boxed edition, more if you're patient enough to sit on it and wait.

You might also try to find an auction house that deals in antiques for an appraisal. While this is a dexterity game, it's also an antique. You'll most likely see two types of people interested in it, game collectors and antique collectors specializing in toys and games. How to get it viewed by both groups of people is something auction houses and antique stores are good at.

Great find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Casto
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here. I have had some personal issues and have not been on the computer much. The balls kind of have a flat spot on them in one area, as if they could be sat down and not move. The box is not in good condition at all. I took a couple of photos. I will post them here. There is no indication of a date on it. The numbers in the lower corner either say: 82106 or 82/06 (not sure if there was other numbers. I couldn't read it because it is fading a little. (I can't find the post that says how many photos we are allowed to post, so I apologize ahead of time if I post too many - 2 of them). My picture taking skills are horrible, ha ha.

Thank you so much for your reply. You really know your games (I can tell by your reply).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.