Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

My buddies at home aren't so crazy about Age of Industry. I'd love to get a game of it in at GenCon this August. Please post if you're up for it.

I was thinking about signing up for the "Brass/Age of Industry" event at GenCon, but I don't know Brass and there's no guarantee that it wouldn't just be Brass.

Thanks,
Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G.
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for a play. I have a copy and the expansions. I'll be at GenCon Wed night - Sun. I'll be in the board game area most of the day on Thurs and Fri and at least part of the day on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher M
United States
Flowood
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MidLifeDelta wrote:
I have a copy and the expansions.

How many expansions exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Deaddogdays wrote:
MidLifeDelta wrote:
I have a copy and the expansions.

How many expansions exist?

Only one official expansion: (double sided map) Age of Industry Expansion #1: Japan and Minnesota.

A notable print-and-play 3rd party expansion map for 2-players is also available: Age of Industry Expansion: Great Lakes & South Africa.

The base game also comes with 2 maps.

That's it for now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopper wrote:
Only one official expansion: (double sided map) Age of Industry Expansion #1: Japan and Minnesota.

A notable print-and-play 3rd party expansion map for 2-players is also available: Age of Industry Expansion: Great Lakes & South Africa.

The official expansion is very good, though I prefer the Minnesota map to the Japan one.

Claude Sirois's 2p Great Lakes map is excellent, especially when you are looking to scratch the Age of Industry itch and don't have 3 or 4 players.

There should be more print-and-play maps forthcoming, from both Claude and myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once with Germany map and a few times with the Great Lakes print and play (which is terrific). Never tried Japan or Minnesota. I won't offer much competition at GenCon, but I'd love to fit a game in while there. We can swap info when we get closer to the Con. Looking forward to it.

Rob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what makes AoI so much fun is how each map offers slight variations to the basic rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there this year, and playing this would be fun! But I won't be signing up for anything other than the board room (or whatever GenCon calls it) ... maybe see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we get closer to GenCon maybe you'll give us your cell number so we can call you to see if you want to play when the time comes. No pressure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Current
United States
Carmel
IN - Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie? - Outlaw Josey Wales
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be up for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BC Indy wrote:
I might be up for a game.

That'd be great.
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.