Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich» Forums » Rules

Subject: German garrison unit in Finland and Attrition Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pix430 Pix430
Canada
flag msg tools
The conditions:
Finland is not activated
Germany has a 3-3 infantry as a garrison in Finland
Germany has declared war on the USSR
The Germany garrison unit is in Finland and is in contact with a USSR unit

The question:
Does this units factors count towards the Axis total for Attrition combat? and vice versa when it is the USSR doing an Attrition attack.

Thanks

Todd

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the German unit could join in an attrition, even from an unactivated minor ally.

In order for Russia to attack the German unit, I think she would have to declare war on Finland first.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicomte13 13
msg tools
dougposkitt wrote:
I think the German unit could join in an attrition, even from an unactivated minor ally.

In order for Russia to attack the German unit, I think she would have to declare war on Finland first.


I think those answers are both spot on.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Edwards
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree with the last 2 posts. I think Russia can attrition or attack via ground combat the Finland garrison as long as it is on the border. Per the last line of 25.6 "Allied units may make cross-border attacks on German units at the border of a minor ally, but could not advance after combat, use air support in the attack, or in any other way violate the territory of the minor unless they are at war with it."
So I think they could attrition against it but not choose it as a hex to take during attrition resolution. Going the other way, Germany vs Russia, there are no restrictions. That German garrison unit can add into the attrition, cross the border, or anything else a normal unit can do.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rokeater wrote:
I disagree with the last 2 posts. I think Russia can attrition or attack via ground combat the Finland garrison as long as it is on the border. Per the last line of 25.6 "Allied units may make cross-border attacks on German units at the border of a minor ally, but could not advance after combat, use air support in the attack, or in any other way violate the territory of the minor unless they are at war with it."
So I think they could attrition against it but not choose it as a hex to take during attrition resolution. Going the other way, Germany vs Russia, there are no restrictions. That German garrison unit can add into the attrition, cross the border, or anything else a normal unit can do.


Vote of confidence, I agree.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
SewerStarFish wrote:
rokeater wrote:
I disagree with the last 2 posts. I think Russia can attrition or attack via ground combat the Finland garrison as long as it is on the border. Per the last line of 25.6 "Allied units may make cross-border attacks on German units at the border of a minor ally, but could not advance after combat, use air support in the attack, or in any other way violate the territory of the minor unless they are at war with it."
So I think they could attrition against it but not choose it as a hex to take during attrition resolution. Going the other way, Germany vs Russia, there are no restrictions. That German garrison unit can add into the attrition, cross the border, or anything else a normal unit can do.


Vote of confidence, I agree.


I also agree - 25.6 explicitly allows such attacks on the German unit on the border. As stated, advance into, or Ground Support on the hex are prohibited.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.