Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am assuming that if you draw the die you name while summoning Ghost of X-Mas Future that you can immediately roll it and add it to your Active pool (and thus use it this turn to handle an immediate effect, ready a creature/spell, etc).

The card itself doesn't mention rolling the named die but this must be the idea...unless the new die isn't meant to be used this turn but rather to let you start with an additional die next turn (as the other X-Mas ghosts do) .

This isn't an issue with the Past/Present ghosts because their abilities are resolved during other phases of the game.

One of the new Quarmageddon creatures has a similar effect -- though that card does say draw AND roll).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the text is pretty clear: you add the die to the active pool, where it will stay until the next time you are allowed to roll or re-roll dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite clear enough for me I guess.

At the point in time when you summon the Ghost of X-Mas Future, you are actually interacting with your active pool. If you simply add the die to your active pool at that time, it is possible that you could affect the new die in your active pool before your next turn.

As a contrived example, I suppose you could summon the Ghost of X-Mas Future and wish for a Quake Dragon. If you drew a Quake Dragon die and your wish was granted, the text says to add that die to your active pool. You could then choose to summon a Quaxos Warrior of the Quay, which carries with it the ability to summon any other creature from your active pool for free. Is the Quake Dragon die that is now sitting in your active pool a creature? Can't say, because it was never actually rolled...

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the question really is: when are you allowed to roll the dice in the Active Pool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Shelley
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For now, I'll stick with the assumption that the card should say "roll it and add it to your Active pool", although I can certainly see the argument for adding the Die to your Active pool after your current turn is over, for use on your next turn (it is the Ghost of X-Mas Future, after all!)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott D'Agostino
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new rules included in the Quarmageddon Expansion set, the phases of drawing/rolling dice and readying creatures/spells have been combined into one phase.

So, in the instance of the Ghost of X-Mas future, this would mean that once the die is added to your Active Pool during Phase 4 (the new combined drawing/rolling/readying phase) you would be able to roll the Ghost die (as it occurs in the same phase).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I am concerned, rules takes effect immediately they are published.
We have used the improved rules since they were published 6 moths ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.