Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a local board games shop here in the D/FW area. I use to go to the GAME CHEST in the Valley View mall because it was the closest shop to my house. Sadly, the closed down about a year or two ago and now I don't really have a place to buy board games anymore other than Amazon and a comic book shop that seems kind of like a long drive. The comic shop I visit is Lone Star Comics in Dallas, which is about 32 minutes away depending on traffic. I don't mind going because They have a decent amount of games, a lot of comics, and friendly atmosphere, but I'm looking for a shop with a much larger selection. Any tips and/or leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Xavier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ham
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
HONK HONK
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest selection I know of is Madness Games & Comics in Plano. I'm from Denton and occasionally trek down there because its selection blows the local shops out of the water. The place is huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Brulet
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I second Madness in Plano. They have a great selection and are worth the trip out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Milanovich
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in Dallas last weekend for a business trip. After hitting several shops over there, the best I saw was Madness Games and Comics. It's a great store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's this thread (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/750778/game-retailers-in-the...) on the same topic that lists other places as well but Madness is without peer as long as you're cool with paying MSRP for everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Madness is the best shop around here. It's on Parker and Custer in Plano. There is also open gaming there every Saturday.

Btw, do you know about DGM http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/? Its an awesome monthly boardgame mini convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
NBAfan wrote:
Madness is the best shop around here. It's on Parker and Custer in Plano. There is also open gaming there every Saturday.

Btw, do you know about DGM http://dallasgamesmarathon.com/? Its an awesome monthly boardgame mini convention.

Ditto, check out DGM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've heard of DGM but haven't gone to it yet. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got a chance to go to MADNESS! FANTASTIC, I'm actually gonna go again this Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
Snickel Fritz wrote:
Finally got a chance to go to MADNESS! FANTASTIC, I'm actually gonna go again this Friday.

Madness is the best game store I have ever seen by far. Their selection is out of this world - detailed, complete, lastest, oldest, popular, rare - amazing. Clean, friendly - if this store was in my local area (I'm on vacation in Dallas), I would move in and live in the store. Wow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Vargas
United States
Farmers Branch
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
adamw wrote:
Snickel Fritz wrote:

Madness is the best game store I have ever seen by far. Their selection is out of this world - detailed, complete, lastest, oldest, popular, rare - amazing. Clean, friendly - if this store was in my local area (I'm on vacation in Dallas), I would move in and live in the store. Wow.

I tried that.... They found me.cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Barajas
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Madness, you simply will not be able to beat their selection. It grew to the point they have a second storefront two doors away with some additional product and a lot more gaming space.

+1 for DGM, check them out on their free weekend coming up Sat. June 23rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomthts wrote:
+1 to Madness, you simply will not be able to beat their selection. It grew to the point they have a second storefront two doors away with some additional product and a lot more gaming space.

+1 for DGM, check them out on their free weekend coming up Sat. June 23rd.

What's up Filipe? We need to game again sometime soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.