BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: dungeon petz VS dungeon lords rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
which of the 2 is more replayable and funniest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to vote for Petz on this. I think they're both perfectly replayable - they have quite a bit of randomness in what's available to buy and which heroes you have to fight/customers you want to sell to if that's important to you. Petz is definitely the funnier, and it's a bit less complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I like randomness, I think that makes a game more replayable. With a bit of randomness each game is different from other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We do not enjoy Dungeon LORDS 2p. It is a 4p game scaled by using dummy players.

Dungeon PETZ is brilliant 2p. There is a dummy player mechanism, but it's done extremely well and you don't really consider it a dummy player. It just changes the options available each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I think to buy petz, just do not understand his low position in the standings than dungeon lords
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Smeltzer
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carmines wrote:
I think to buy petz, just do not understand his low position in the standings than dungeon lords

Its average rating is actually higher - 7.72 v 7.60. The lower rank comes from fewer people having voted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own both games but my choice is firmly Dungeon Petz
- Plays 2-4 players well : Dungeon Lords only 4player
- Comedy value of poo as a need
- the Petz are good characters and amusing shows you have to put on.
- No "Training" Phase each time playing with someone new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Lords is a LOT more complex than Dungeon Petz. I enjoy playing Petz more. But I already own Lords and don't know if Petz is really worth buying too. Not that the games are similar (they only have a similar theme), but they are kinda pricy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest thing is how many players are you playing with? If 2, 3 or 4 seem to be your numbers, go with Dungeon Petz. If you regularly get 4 players together go with Dungeon Lords. Personally I prefer Dungeon Lords but getting exactly 4 players together is hard for me. Dungeon Petz wins in that category as the dummy players are extremely easy to control.

I feel like both are roughly the same complexity but I believe Dungeon Lords is the one that's a bit heavier than Dungeon Petz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree the Dungeonlords is best with 4, it still plays pretty darn well with 3. I have never tried it with 2, and do not plan to do so as I do not think it would play well and I have a lot of great 2 player games.

That said, I think Lords has a lot more replay value than Petz and is a more challenging game besides.

As for the humor, both games have plenty of it and I wouldn't say one is funnier than the other. In Dungeonlords, you have to be able to laugh at yourself though, as you watch your carefully made plans laid to waste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.