Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Hojnacki
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German Turn 3…

Scheisse, need to stop being quite so careless with my HQs, should have moved 1st Corp out of Polotsk last turn, two dead HQs is not cool. Some of my units are going to end OoS, but not too many and mainly “4” ARs…should weather the attrition ok. Half the troops fall back into the woods west and north of Polotsk and the other half fall back towards Idrista. Two units south of the Dvina are really screwed and I’m going to have to risk the “break out rule”. The 281st Security Divisions dies, but the 912nd AG Battalion escapes, although it will be 5 turns before we see him again. 9th Corp begins taking up positions near Voropayevo, but some more troops will be necessary to halt the Russians when then do make their attack. Rail some SPs into Idrista to attack that Russian brigade cross the river, and fly some more into Riga. I don’t where the German Navy should be placed in the game, due to my inexperience with this particular module…so I’m giving them an “uber-free-move” when they are needed. If I did some study I’m sure I could figure it out ahead but I’m just being lazy.

OoS attrition kills a Div step, one artillery brigade and an AG battalion…could have been better. The attack near Idistra forces the Soviets back across the river for a Div Step loss…where’s the die luck for the Germans.

From Pskov to Opochka I feel ok…for now, but that’s due to Russian troop quality and lack of SPs. But my right flank is looking worse and worse. I’m not sure where things were historically so I can’t say how either side is performing. Again the risk of taking and then giving a double turn confronts me…think I’m going to have to risk it once more if the Germans win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
I drink and I know things
badge
Night gathers and now my watch begins
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use Naval transport to put around 3SPs a turn into Riga if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.