David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While making destinations for my Revelations expansion, I've changed a few existing destinations, one of them being Mining Asteroid:

That got me thinking:
The two most unique CACs are arguably Scar and 33 (with the whole shuffle it back thing). Can we make them into non-CAC cards?

Here is my off-the-top-of-my-head idea, feel free to be inspired, improve or say something else about it:

Scar wrote:
CAG Chooses
-1 fuel and place 3 civilian ships behind Galactica
OR
Place Scar in the upper left sector above Galactica. Whenever raiders are activated Scar is activated twice, and can only be destroyed on a roll of 7-8.
Heavy icon.

Thirty-Three wrote:
12 - GPR
Pass: Roll a die. On 4 or less draw and destroy a civilian ship.
Fail: Damage Galactica. After the Activate Cylon Ships step, shuffle this card into the top 5 cards of the crisis deck.
Raider icon.

I'm not 100% of the wording of 33's fail, but if you know what I mean, feel free to reword it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
While making destinations for my Revelations expansion, I've changed a few existing destinations, one of them being Mining Asteroid:

That got me thinking:
The two most unique CACs are arguably Scar and 33 (with the whole shuffle it back thing). Can we make them into non-CAC cards?

Here is my off-the-top-of-my-head idea, feel free to be inspired, improve or say something else about it:

Scar wrote:
CAG Chooses
-1 fuel and place 3 civilian ships behind Galactica
OR
Place Scar in the upper left sector above Galactica. Whenever raiders are activated Scar is activated twice, and can only be destroyed on a roll of 7-8.
Heavy icon.

Thirty-Three wrote:
12 - GPR
Pass: Roll a die. On 4 or less draw and destroy a civilian ship.
Fail: Damage Galactica. After the Activate Cylon Ships step, shuffle this card into the top 5 cards of the crisis deck.
Raider icon.

I'm not 100% of the wording of 33's fail, but if you know what I mean, feel free to reword it...

Looks good to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurray for bringing back Scar! I've missed him.

I really like the 33 crisis. It'll actually come up again, unlike the vanilla 33.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
For what it is worth, someone on BGG already made a Scar crisis meant to work with the CFB.

Just thought I'd put competing versions out there. I think I probably prefer your version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's from DTHz's Opera House! His work is an ispiration, but as we found out in V1, his crises lack a certain consistency...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mooseulie Ferenczy
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
TDaver wrote:
Yeah, that's from DTHz's Opera House! His work is an ispiration, but as we found out in V1, his crises lack a certain consistency...

I remembered seeing it a long time ago. I went and dug it back up. Didn't know it had ever been playtested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I think these are fantastic, but if you compare Scar to, say, Tracked by Radiation, isn't it a bit harsh to have the alternative hit Fuel AND place civilian ships? I think just -1 Fuel would be enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:
I think these are fantastic, but if you compare Scar to, say, Tracked by Radiation, isn't it a bit harsh to have the alternative hit Fuel AND place civilian ships? I think just -1 Fuel would be enough.

Well it's still less harsh then the original Scar card.
You should pay if you want to avoid Scar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
TDaver wrote:
markino wrote:

Well it's still less harsh then the original Scar card.
You should pay if you want to avoid Scar.

Yes, but I just can't see anyone choosing that option now (i.e. the cost is too high), so it goes too far the other way. Not that there's anything wrong with having Crises with imbalanced choices, as that's part of the game, but I just wanted to point out that it felt a bit off to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 civs? cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
-2 food and 2 civs instead of -1 fuel and 3 civs? cool Currently, the CAG can influence every resource other than Food, I think? (Also, adding a -Food Crisis would be good for overall balance.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 food, 1 fuel, 1 civ and a free gift basket?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good, however, I just leave the scar fleet card in the deck, so he still get's to come out and play every 2nd or 3rd game or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind mining asteroid activating Scar, as it keeps the rules on the table.
However...
I would make a Scar Crisis card have a Launch Raiders icon, and a Jump Icon (keep the -1 Fuel... have the CAG place 3 Civs maybe?)
I would make the 33 crisis a Basestar Attacks icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LL6869 wrote:
I don't mind mining asteroid activating Scar, as it keeps the rules on the table.
However...
I would make a Scar Crisis card have a Launch Raiders icon, and a Jump Icon (keep the -1 Fuel... have the CAG place 3 Civs maybe?)

The game doesn't have Launch+Jump cards, and I don't plan on introducing them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
LL6869 wrote:
However...

The game doesn't have Launch+Jump cards, and I don't plan on introducing them

pffffft! Wuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.