Subject: GEV first edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just found a second hand copy of GEV, first edition, unpunched. How many counter sheets were included in the first edition plastic bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

One.

Except for the combined Ogre/G.E.V. of 2000 all versions of G.E.V. have just one counter sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All early microgames were physically identical. 16 page rulebook (about the dimensions of folded 8.5" x 11" paper stock), plastic bag closed by tape, single mapsheet (about the dimensions of 8.5" x 11" paper stock) and a single "strip cut" 110 pound cardstock counter sheet. The cover was full color and the interior B&W. Counters were monochromatic as well.

Later versions came with B&W covers in full color boxes and at least some included a single (small) d6.

Final editions came in a hard plastic shell, similar to a very thin VCR tape case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
All early microgames were physically identical. 16 page rulebook (about the dimensions of folded 8.5" x 11" paper stock), plastic bag closed by tape, single mapsheet (about the dimensions of 8.5" x 11" paper stock) and a single "strip cut" 110 pound cardstock counter sheet.

Actually, the first edition of Wizard (Microgame #6) came with two counter sheets (one red and one blue). I think all the other early ones did indeed have only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kato
United States
California
flag msg tools
From the images I've seen here, the first edition also has 4 trains (in the upper right corner) while later editions have only 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kato
United States
California
flag msg tools
Could anyone upload a high-res scan of the first edition counter sheet? I'd like to verify if mine has all the pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryKato wrote:
Could anyone upload a high-res scan of the first edition counter sheet? I'd like to verify if mine has all the pieces.

There already is a scan uploaded : http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/286929/g-e-v

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure about the counters, but the portion of the cover shown in the image just linked is *not* the first edition.

The early microgames weren't identical. Most were $2.95 with a 8.5x14" map. There were larger ones that cost $3.95 which had a larger map: G.E.V. and Wizard. I don't remember them having two counter sheets. G.E.V. didn't, I think.

Why do you need the first edition counters, particularly? I don't recall any important changes to the counters (unlike Ogre).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kato
United States
California
flag msg tools
The image linked shows 3 trains while my game has 4. If you look at this image, you see 4 trains in the upper right hand of the counter sheet.
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/59113/g-e-v?size=original

I suppose even with this lower res image, I can verify whether I have all the counters. I won't be able to verify which ones are missing (if any).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There's also a counter manifest here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/44051/ogre-g-e-v-shock... if you want to make sure no counters are missing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kato
United States
California
flag msg tools
That list helps in that it confirms that the first edition had a different counter mix than later ones. Here is my manifest (135 counters as confirmed by the rules book):

Blue Forces
16 GEV
6 3/1 Infantry
4 2/1 Infantry
4 1/1 Infantry
4 Hwtz
4 MHwtz
4 Msl Tank
4 Lt Tank
4 Hvy Tank
2 CP
2 Ogre
--------

White Forces
10 3/1 Infantry
10 2/1 Infantry
10 1/1 Infantry
8 Hvy Tank
8 Msl Tank
8 GEV
4 Hwtz
4 MHwtz
4 Train
3 CP
2 Ogre
--------

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.