3 Posts

Cash-a-Catch» Forums » Rules

Subject: what if no one ring the bell? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Man Sun
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the flipped out cards are too "patchy" that no one rings the bell, say for already 10 cards, what should be done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas
Germany
Nagold
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure Mr. Pelikan will help with that in due course. But it is my opinion that cards are added until there is a buyer. Do the math: 10 cards means that its extremely unlikely You cannot use at least a few of the cards. Those You can use without discarding will bring You more money than the 10 money you paid for them. On top of this there are chances You will get a fish thief or a canned fish. 10 cards out is a steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mmtmr wrote:
If the flipped out cards are too "patchy" that no one rings the bell, say for already 10 cards, what should be done?
Did it happen, and did you have problems proceeding?

Playing by the rules, cards are added until either there's a buyer or the Market Close card shows up. So if really nobody takes the opportunity, the auction will still end eventually. And while there are cases where 10 cards don't yet give you a profit, and cases where 20+ cards wouldn't give you a profit any more, there is a wide range in between where the buyer can make tons of money (even compared to the fishmonger, who receives a portly commission). As Xeenu said, 10 cards (more likely than not) is a steal. With the folks I game with I'd be happy to ever see 5 cards on the table (scores are rather low in such a cut-throat economy).

Xeenu wrote:
Sure Mr. Pelikan will help with that in due course.
Sorry to disappoint you but my dad's not even a gamer, let alone a geek
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.