Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Does anyone else think the Recon Ranger Squad is not worth the points compared to the Combat Ranger Squad?
For one point more, the Combat Ranger Squad gets 2 additional UGLs and they have an M9 Bazooka instead of a 30 Cal Victory MG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Snyder
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed. Axis has laser grenadiers though, they kinda suck for the price too. However both units are still playable, just a bit underpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Central Valley California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
less versatile and probably a bit overpriced, yes. But It depends what you want in a squad. Two more sustained fire anti-infantry shots with the machine gun can wipe out an infantry unit faster. Which can prevent an objective win, and that is a game changer.
I use both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yeah, I suppose at most, they're maybe a point over what they should be anyway, but it's not enough that I won't use them. I've got a unit of them in my army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
Burnham wrote:
Does anyone else think the Recon Ranger Squad is not worth the points compared to the Combat Ranger Squad?
For one point more, the Combat Ranger Squad gets 2 additional UGLs and they have an M9 Bazooka instead of a 30 Cal Victory MG.

They often fill different slots. In an assault platoon the 1st section doesn't have an option to use the Combat Ranger Squad, but allows you to use the Recon Ranger Squad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Souza
msg tools
I dont understand why the description of the Recon Boys says that "Their speed allows them to quickly find cover or control a strategic location, which makes up for their lack of firepower."

The recon squad have only one move point, and doesnt have the Fast skill... I really cant understand the usability of this squad. I think if it had 2 move points, could be a useful unit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vaeryl wrote:
I dont understand why the description of the Recon Boys says that "Their speed allows them to quickly find cover or control a strategic location, which makes up for their lack of firepower."

The recon squad have only one move point, and doesnt have the Fast skill... I really cant understand the usability of this squad. I think if it had 2 move points, could be a useful unit...

They are redoing all the stats for Dust Tactics units (check out the official website for examples), who knows, within the next few months, it might all make a lot more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.