Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 Shipping Lanes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bugg
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I played the new edition of this game twice and each time I seem to have one too many building for the 3 piles of standard buildings to have an even number of cards. I also noticed that I have 2 shipping lanes even when I'm playing the game with only 2 players (both cards have check marks for 2 players). Is this correct or do I have an extra card or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should only have one shipping line. Either that, or *I* am the one missing a building.

One way to confirm this is to look at the building number (top right). If it's the same, then it's definitely a duplicate building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some replacement cards, so you may have duplicates. Use only 1 of each building (more precisely: do not use any number twice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you have added the replacement cards from the expansion into your building deck. There were two standard building included in the expansion to replace cards with errors. There are no errors in the latest printing of the game, however the expansion still includes the cards. Remove those two cards and you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've played the newer edition 2 player, there haven't been an even amount of cards in each building pile. Perhaps that is just the way its built. I've never opened my expansion cards

Edit: I see now that the Marketplace (or Market, whatever it is named) is only a starting builiding in the Shrotened game, not the Full one. Whoops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there is always an equal number of buildings in each pile, regardless of the number of players or type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
Yes, there is always an equal number of buildings in each pile, regardless of the number of players or type of game.

I believe that's false in regard to the two player shortened version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
dcorban wrote:

Nope, Daniel is correct. ALWAYS the same number in each stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
dcorban wrote:

Unless I'm reading the cards wrong the two player long version has 17 building cards for the 3 piles. The Marketplace is a start card. The short version has 15 buildings + the Marketplace start card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The marketplace is not a start card in two-player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
laphilfan wrote:
bchlax944 wrote:
dcorban wrote:

Unless I'm reading the cards wrong the two player long version has 17 building cards for the 3 piles. The Marketplace is a start card. The short version has 15 buildings + the Marketplace start card.

You are reading the cards wrong. There are no additional starting buildings in long games of ANY player count. Marketplace goes in the stacks, giving you 18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, played my 1st game incorrectly then. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just be be totally clear,
dcorban wrote:
The marketplace is not a start card in two-player long game.

It is a start card in the two-player short game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bugg
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
It looks like I was using the replacement cards without realizing it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.