Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Reynolds
Georgia
Brezhnevograd
Former Upper Caucasus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What are you willing to pay for a copy in excellent condition?

A local bloke, in an effort to finance his retirement holiday (and under pressure from the old battle ax no doubt), is parting with some of the gems of his collection and wants me to make an offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I usually will inquire as to HOW MUCH they actually wanted for whatever, and if it sounds reasonable, then I'll agree to pay that amount on such. The reasoning being that in this manner, then they won't feel 'ripped off' due to you paying so little, if you said £10/Є10 about this. It also depended on what $$$$-funds that I can afford at the time as well. If 'moi' were to affix a price, then perhaps around $25-USD maximum, since it is still in 'shrinkwrap', and do you know if he has the thin-box of mid-1970s, or the deeper-original kind? It shouldn't matter though, while I just "Like" the latter type more. Good luck at this then.

You do know that I created some 'Aircraft/Ship Types' graphics for this, AND the "Coral Sea" VARIANT?
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Reynolds
Georgia
Brezhnevograd
Former Upper Caucasus
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
THANKS GROGS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Upton
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been keeping track of the eBay auction selling price of certain games, one of which is AH Midway '64. Over the past 5 months or so, there have been 35 copies of Midway ('64) offered for sale. They have gone for as little as $0.99 and as high as $32.00. Of the 35, 16 were sold, for a rate of 45.71%. Ones that didn't sell were offered for as low as $4.49.

Completeness of game and condition of box seem to be the most important criterion. If it's complete and the game box isn't broken and tattered, you might be able to get close to that $32.00 mark. The one that sold for $0.99 and the one that didn't sell for $4.99 looked as if someone had sat on the box, or maybe used it for a frisby ... outdoors ... in the rain.

There have been one or two copies in eBay that were still unpunched or - in one case - still in its shrink wrap. I didn't keep track of those, figuring they were a special case and would skew my figures.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.