Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Gries
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished playing Rorke's Drift and noticed 2 issues:

- Zone N range/target zones are incorrect. This was posted previously here but not addressed.

- Final Redoubt (Zone D) shows lots of zones that are acceptable targets HOWEVER the rules clearly state that you cannot fire across 2 walls and most of these violate that rule. We could not figure out how to play this so we decided to follow the rule that you cannot fire across 2 walls. Not sure if the Final Redoubt is supposed to be an exception to the 2 wall rule - you would think so based on the number of eligible zones as target printed on the map.

Sure wish the designer would chime in on this site. I couldn't find any errata on the Worthington Games website. (Still don't understand how games make it to production with errata on the map and rules vs. map ambiguity.)

Other than these 2 confusing moments, we had a good time playing the game and are planning a 2nd session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Auclair
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also seems that zone 'C' has zone 'I' incorrectly listed as range 1 when it should be range 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgries wrote:
Just finished playing Rorke's Drift and noticed 2 issues:

- Zone N range/target zones are incorrect. This was posted previously here but not addressed.

- Final Redoubt (Zone D) shows lots of zones that are acceptable targets HOWEVER the rules clearly state that you cannot fire across 2 walls and most of these violate that rule. We could not figure out how to play this so we decided to follow the rule that you cannot fire across 2 walls. Not sure if the Final Redoubt is supposed to be an exception to the 2 wall rule - you would think so based on the number of eligible zones as target printed on the map.

Sure wish the designer would chime in on this site. I couldn't find any errata on the Worthington Games website. (Still don't understand how games make it to production with errata on the map and rules vs. map ambiguity.)

Other than these 2 confusing moments, we had a good time playing the game and are planning a 2nd session.

I believe the final redoubt is an exception to the rule. Historically it was elevated, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE REVENGE OF THE GOLDFISH
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news from the designer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.