7 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Just a quick question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adam eve
msg tools
Hi guys,

I bought MoM a few months ago, but just got around to playing it on the weekend. I loved it, great game.....so much so that i went ahead and ordered all the other expansions for it.

i just have one query, when i get said expansions can i just mix them in with the core game? or do i need to keep them separate from each other, only adding them when i wish to play one expansion?

thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
I'd say you could mix the core and expansion games together. Because MoM requires particular mansion (board) layouts, expansion pieces shouldn't ever mess up the board for a scenario from the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is very CONVENIENT, though not necessary, to keep the expansions separated from the other cards. Makes setup much easier.

Each expansion contains all the necessary cards to run it, including new copies of the cards in the core set. I keep mine separated in zip=lock bags, and am happy with that system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
You can certainly mix Forbidden Alchemy and the base MoM game components together. I currently store all the game tiles in the FA box (except the large lobby tile) as well as the investigator minis and the print on demand expansions. For each of the print on demand expansions I just put the cards into a small bag and labeled the bag.

If you get some large Plano boxes you can fit 2 of them into the MoM base game box and have all the components nicely organized.

Drakkenstrike (we miss him terribly) made a video for storing the components that could help you out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGMb5SAlJSs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't mix in the PRINT ON DEMAND packages, they are a different card stock and printing density, and are also stand alone.

There is no reason to mix those cards in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, I mixed the PODs in, and yes they do have a slightly different colored back, but as long as the keeper is picking a random sedative or random silver key, it's not too bad. The reason I did this is that I sleeve over duplicates of cards so that I also have 4 fan scenarios ready to play plus the scenario I'm in the process of writing ready for play testing.

But otherwise, you're better of not mixing in the PODs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Siegmund
Netherlands
Heemskerk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering about Drakkenstrike today: what happened to him?
I miss his great component breakdowns!

mattamd wrote:
You can certainly mix Forbidden Alchemy and the base MoM game components together. I currently store all the game tiles in the FA box (except the large lobby tile) as well as the investigator minis and the print on demand expansions. For each of the print on demand expansions I just put the cards into a small bag and labeled the bag.

If you get some large Plano boxes you can fit 2 of them into the MoM base game box and have all the components nicely organized.

Drakkenstrike (we miss him terribly) made a video for storing the components that could help you out too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGMb5SAlJSs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.