Subject: Hawaii or last Will.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Im looking to buy a new game and was looking at Hawaii or Last Will...I would be playing these games with a 12 year old, Thanks..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekgirl123
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawaii is a better two player game then last Will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Milanovich
United States
Glendale Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both great games! You can try Hawaii on Board Game Area...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't love last will, having played it 2-4 players. I'm extremely excited for my copy of Hawaii to show up on Saturday. I believe that Hawaii is the better game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try Hawaii at Boardgamearena if you want, and IMO it's a fun game with enough strategical depth
(The only con i see with the actual boardgame is the many bits you need to take care of, which might affect how much you enjoy the game )

Either way I'm picking both up once my FLGS restocks (funny how BOTH are OOS when I finally decided to pick up both ) ,and like you I mainly play 2 players only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S McCulloch
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My husband and I both loved Last Will as a 2 player and disliked Hawaii quite a bit as a two player. We felt Last Will was fun but Hawaii felt like work. Just my two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed Hawaii, and think it works well with any number of players. My only complaint with it is that it has a long setup time and is a bit complex to teach. I have found that Lords of Waterdeep has sort of taken it's place recently.

I own Last Will, but haven't been motivated enough to learn it yet. I'll try and get it to the table this weekend and see if it's better than Hawaii.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Derbyshire
United Kingdom
Norton Mandeville
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I love Last Will as 2p. We've not played Hawaii so can't compare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carc >> BSG
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I found Hawaii had too many random elements during gameplay. I'm honestly surprised to find that it has fans. When I tried it at BGGCon I was very disappointed in it.

I suppose that I should give it another chance just to see if my first impressions were wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.