Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to fit all 8 of the original boards and the 4 Kingdom Builders: Nomads boards and all of the bits in the box for the base game by using the insert from the Nomads box.

I removed the insert from the Kingdom Builders box (nice insert) and replaced it with the insert from the Kingdom Buider: Nomads box (another nice insert). All 12 of the boards and all of the bits fit comfortably and ... the box lid closes all of the way.

The insert from the original base game fits in the Nomads box along with the rules and cards for languages I do not need and it also close all of the way. I still have the original insert in case I ever want to switch it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't received my copy yet.....but are you saying the Nomads box dimensions are the same as the original? I was hoping the Nomads box would not be as high in order to save some shelf space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the same thing. the nomads box isn't as high, hence swapping the Nomands insert into the taller original box. I've stored my Nomads box and only keep the original on the shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, remove inserts from both boxes (they fold down nicely so you can store them in case you ever need them again). All the contents of both boxes then fit in the Nomads box. This is considerably smaller than the base-set box, so saves even more shelf-space.

I must admit I like the attractive box inserts so I've now adopted the OP's idea instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McKenzie
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had removed the insert and put everything into the Nomads box, but I like your idea of swapping inserts much better.

And, yes, they are the same dimensions, with the Nomads box having less height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i put everything in the origional box no inserts..never thought of putting in nomads box..but maybe ill be glad of the extra room if there is another extension.its pretty heavy now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! I just came on here to post this. We're some smart cookies aren't we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I did the same thing before I read this. It almost feels like they designed it to work that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Kirkham
United States
Graham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea...Thanks!

The only issue I have with it (and it's not a big deal) is:

The Nomads box has the artwork on it and says 5 players...the orginal box does not point out 5...so I guess I just have to verbally remind my group each time...again not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice to have the Nomads box the same hight as the other one so I can have the "Newer" box with all the parts in it.

I did however notice that everything fits nicely without the insert in the nomads box (even though the insert is way too cool).

I'm debating which way to go...oh well Thanks for the tip about the inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Frank
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Space, the final frontier...
badge
The sun is a mass of incandescent gas, a gigantic nuclear furnace, where hydrogen is built into helium, at a temperature of millions of degrees.
mbmbmb
Thanks for the tip - works great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.