Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe babbitt
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!

I wanted to give a testimonial to the greatness that is Thunderstone: Advance

A few weeks ago, I got some friends together for a night of board games. I'd been talking to one of them about Thunderstone for a long time, but he was just NOT interested and didn't want to play. Another friend had played Thunderstone and Wrath of the Elements, but preferred Dominion. I brought Thunderstone to the game night to see if I could wedge it in there. After a few games of Lords of Waterdeep (another excellent title, btw), I made my move. The first friend huffed and rolled his eyes but conceded to play, and the second was ambivalent.

I set up the game and we played. It ended up being a very close game, with me winning by 2 points over the 2nd place, and 4 points over 3rd. All players enjoyed the game.

The next day, friend one (the skeptic) called me and told me that after he got home, he looked up all the cards online, asked what promos I had and was excited to play again. The second friend texted me to set up a time to get together to play some Thunderstone. Specifically, by name. Color me excited. One game with just this set made two fans.

Now, a little about me, I've been a big fan of the series since the first set. I joined the playtest team at Dragonspire, and I joined the Design and Development team as of Thunderstone Advance. I'm not an employee of AEG. I can't offer any spoilers here, but to fans of Thunderstone: Advance, I say this: Stay tuned. This base set and the next two expansions. (Caverns of Bane and the following one) in my estimation are the best this game has ever seen, and I'm VERY excited to share it with the rest of the Thunderstone fans.

If you've been on the fence, this is a pretty good opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a game series that is only getting better. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.