Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Roo (we're ok as long as you ignore the basketball in the corner-agents) this weekend in an epic game of Time Agent. Didn't do much. ErtDd than in the original timeline: on top for a while until our servants ran away with victory and left us in the dirt.

But I was thoroughly intrigued with the universe. Is there anywhere where the events that you are trying to reverse or put back are documented? Any collected fluff?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Torvatn
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
I played the Roo (we're ok as long as you ignore the basketball in the corner-agents) this weekend in an epic game of Time Agent. Didn't do much. ErtDd than in the original timeline: on top for a while until our servants ran away with victory and left us in the dirt.

But I was thoroughly intrigued with the universe. Is there anywhere where the events that you are trying to reverse or put back are documented? Any collected fluff?

The game "Throneworld" (a 4x space empire builder) portrays the wars after the revolt against the Roo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Sheldon
United States
Springfield
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say the word Robert...we can play Throne World! I have been interested in getting it to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
RobertDD wrote:
I was thoroughly intrigued with the universe. Is there anywhere where the events that you are trying to reverse or put back are documented?

If the game you played wasn't your copy, did its owner show you the short guide that comes with Time Agent, describing its invented history in a bit more detail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlofBronze wrote:
Say the word Robert...we can play Throne World! I have been interested in getting it to the table! :D

Word

Tom Lehmann wrote:
RobertDD wrote:
I was thoroughly intrigued with the universe. Is there anywhere where the events that you are trying to reverse or put back are documented?

If the game you played wasn't your copy, did its owner show you the short guide that comes with Time Agent, describing its invented history in a bit more detail?

Cool, designer attention. :)
We went through the different races and read through their back stories. That helped. From that moment on, whenever the Buralti wanted to do something nasty to us (the Roo), I told them to "watch it; you used to be our cows!" since then I've also read the text at the end of the rulebook that's posted on here. Is that what you are referring to?

I found the background to the game well done. Right amount of cliche to quickly get into, right amount of original stuff to make it interesting.

Oh, and the game wasn't mine, but I may have to seek out a copy, just because it's such an unique, original game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
RobertDD wrote:
I've also read the text at the end of the rulebook that's posted on here. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes; that's the Galactic Guide. (Physically, it's part of a separate 4-page sheet from the rules.)

Beyond the GG, intro text on the player race cards, and a short section in Throneworld explaining how its event fit into Time Agent's history, that's it.

(Although, a guy once contacted me in the late 90s to ask permission to write a 9-novel series set in the Time Agent "universe". I gave him permission, provided I saw a first draft of the first novel in two years, and never heard from him again. Somewhere, there's someone who has some Time Agent ideas in his head...)

More gratifying was another guy who wrote to tell me that he had successfully used the Time Agent backstory as a setting for a roleplaying campaign, where the players played human time agents who encountered other races' agents in the past while on assignments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Lopuszanski
United States
North Wales
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So hear me roar! RAWR! (Or ask me about it)
badge
Her Serenity, The Lady of Pain.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
RobertDD wrote:
I've also read the text at the end of the rulebook that's posted on here. Is that what you are referring to?

Yes; that's the Galactic Guide. (Physically, it's part of a separate 4-page sheet from the rules.)

Beyond the GG, intro text on the player race cards, and a short section in Throneworld explaining how its event fit into Time Agent's history, that's it.

(Although, a guy once contacted me in the late 90s to ask permission to write a 9-novel series set in the Time Agent "universe". I gave him permission, provided I saw a first draft of the first novel in two years, and never heard from him again. Somewhere, there's someone who has some Time Agent ideas in his head...)

More gratifying was another guy who wrote to tell me that he had successfully used the Time Agent backstory as a setting for a roleplaying campaign, where the players played human time agents who encountered other races' agents in the past while on assignments.

That's awesome. It's such a great feeling when you create something and others are so excited about it that they want to contribute and make it part of their own. Really curious what these guys came up with for the Time Agent universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.