Popular Tags: [View All]
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, me and the Missus are coming to the end of watching all of ST: TNG, (it's taken over a year so far!) and we can't decide what to do next. It'll either be all of X-files or all of Stargate SG-1. I watch X-files on it's first UK run through to about series 4, and I've seen bits of SG-1 but not enough to get into the story arcs.

Poll
What should we watch next?
All of the X-Files
All of SG-1
      35 answers
Poll created by Greendan

(PS I'm not interested in watching 'bits' it's all or nothing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
go with NCIS.. thats what i'm addicted to at the moment...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Breaking Bad? Probably the best show on TV today.

I tried SG-1 and couldnt get into it. I watched all of the X-Files when they originally aired and they have not aged well, IMO.

Also, assuming you have already watched Battlestar, Firefly and Babylon 5. If not, then start with them before hitting the B list...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with SG1. I think that X-files aged really poorly. SG-1 didn't age particularly well either, but it's less jarring in my eyes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Boyes
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
go with NCIS.. thats what i'm addicted to at the moment...

Tarn watches this. I can't really get into it for some reason. Sometimes it's a bit too "America! F*ck Yeah" for me. And I don't 'get' a lot of the characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the poll is heading towards the X-Files, which seems different to the comments. X-Files fans to paranoid to make a comment incase the Black Helicopters come for them? Seems likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Brichs wrote:
I'd go with SG1. I think that X-files aged really poorly. SG-1 didn't age particularly well either, but it's less jarring in my eyes.

SG-1 is similar to TNG in that it's sci-fi "comfort food." Probably a good next series.

Yes, exactly! Hit the nail right on the head with that one, Drew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casualgod wrote:
Also, assuming you have already watched Battlestar, Firefly and Babylon 5. If not, then start with them before hitting the B list...
This.

I wouldn't recommend watching "all of SG-1", anyway. Watch Season 1-8 then switch to Atlantis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.