Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Why don't my uploaded images show up? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't in my contributions and last I checked they aren't in the targeted upload areas. I uploaded them a week ago
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
They should be here is you uploaded them without submitting them
http://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/bchlax944

If you submitted them you will get a PM if was accepted with GG or rejected.

If neither the site was having problems and you'll have to try again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dale-not-Chip wrote:
They should be here is you uploaded them without submitting them
http://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/bchlax944

If you submitted them you will get a PM if was accepted with GG or rejected.

If neither the site was having problems and you'll have to try again.


What's the difference between uploading and submitting?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you upload an image the red indicator bar will extend all the way to the right and a "view image" link will appear.

The system might freeze at cetain times, and the image disappears into the cosmic void. The words "view image" do not appear. Happened to me today.

Try again.

Good Luck!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What's the difference between uploading and submitting?


Stuff in your personal gallery does not require GeekMod approval.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
Dale-not-Chip wrote:
They should be here is you uploaded them without submitting them
http://boardgamegeek.com/images/user/bchlax944

If you submitted them you will get a PM if was accepted with GG or rejected.

If neither the site was having problems and you'll have to try again.


What's the difference between uploading and submitting?


Submitting is when you upload to a section of the Geek and it gets voted on by Geekmod.

Example is any picture you see under a game listing.

just uploading goes to you gallery. Generally this is done to ad a picture to a post. It's not voted on and except for your gallery and the post you might have linked it to no one will see it.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I tried to put game pictures into galleries of games, then I...submitted then? And should wait on hearing from a moderator?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
So if I tried to put game pictures into galleries of games, then I...submitted then? And should wait on hearing from a moderator?


Yes but the longest I've ever had to wait was a day. No mail I take it/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. I submitted a week ago. I guess i'll try again. Thanks for the help
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Like said above when you upload you should get a link to your picture. Only you will see it until it's approved.

If it hangs on the green bar try the other uploader. You'll see it when your there.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dale-not-Chip wrote:
No problem. Like said above when you upload you should get a link to your picture. Only you will see it until it's approved.

If it hangs on the green bar try the other uploader. You'll see it when your there.

Yeah, I used the other one first, maybe that's part of the problem
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.