Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't a friendly galaxy. Lets hope no-one on Earth discovers Warp technology any time soon....

After spending Power:

Power Fleet Gars'n Insrnce Team
22 8 8 4 Empire of the Founding Fathers
20 10 9 3 Brothers Emmanuel
22 7 7 2 The Empire of Worlds in Flames
19 6 17 0 Kingdom of Loathing
18 11 17 2 The Kender
13 18 15 0 The Shadowy Men on a Shadow Planet
12 16 11 0 Arrowninan Empire
13 12 11 0 Insurance Consortium
11 0 11 0 Doh!minion of Doh!nuts
11 16 13 0 Followers of Deebs
13 6 6 0 StarJacks
8 8 0 2 The Emanon Empire
1 5 0 1 Robobo-Bobobot Empire

Raids:

The Huge Arrownian Empire of 16 ships hit Empire of Worlds in Flames hard. 4 Fleet were destroyed along with all 7 Garrison. 6 Power was stolen.
11 Kender Fleet arrived at the undefended Emanon empire. They left with 3 Power.
While their empire was being gutted the Emanon fleet warped into Kingdom of Loathing space. They did not leave. 3 Garrison were destroyed and 1 Power stolen.
Kingdom of Loathing struck back at Emanon with 6 Fleet, stealing 1 Power for no loss.
Insurance Consortium despatched 12 Fleet to Empire of Worlds in Flames. They stole 5 Power for no loss and left WiF with nothing but Fleet and Insurance
Empire of WiF were out attacking themselves, 7 Fleet hit Kender's 17 Garrison and were destroyed. They took out 2 Garrison and stole 3 Power.
Then 16 Followers of Deebs Fleet arrived in Empire of WiF space to steal that Power away.
Founding Fathers 8 Fleet hit Brother's Emmanuel's 9 Garrison. 5 Fleet and 4 garrison were destroyed and 2 Power stolen.
Brothers Emmanuel sent a scouting fleet of 3 ships to the Arrownian Empire to be destroyed, destroying 1 Garrison and taking 1 Power.
The Shadowy Men's 18 Fleet arrived in Empire of Worlds in Flames space to be disappointed. There was nothing left but an insurance policy.
Robobo-Bobobot's 5 Fleet hit Doh!minion of Doh!nuts 11 Garrison and were wiped out. They only took out 1 Garrison and stole 1 Power.
Starjacks also joint the party at WiF's place, but come up empty.

After Attacks:

Power Fleet Gars'n Insrnce Team
24 3 8 4 Empire of the Founding Fathers
18 6 14 0 Kingdom of Loathing
18 12 11 0 Insurance Consortium
17 7 5 3 Brothers Emmanuel
16 12 10 0 Arrowninan Empire
15 11 15 2 The Kender
13 18 15 0 The Shadowy Men on a Shadow Planet
13 6 6 0 StarJacks
12 16 13 0 Followers of Deebs
9 0 10 0 Doh!minion of Doh!nuts
2 0 0 1 Robobo-Bobobot Empire
1 0 0 2 The Emanon Empire
0 0 0 2 The Empire of Worlds in Flames

Please send turn orders by Wednesday night (US time).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note:

If you miss the turn, or don't spend all your points then they will be invested in Power, with any odd points in Garrison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I'm up in smoke...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Followers of Deebs have prayed* to the God of Virtual Wars** regarding the miracles*** in the original post.

*geekmailed
**Tony
***miscalculations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
The Followers of Deebs have prayed* to the God of Virtual Wars** regarding the miracles*** in the original post.

*geekmailed
**Tony
***miscalculations

You can tell the Galactic President was in a rush when he put this together last night. He made a number of errors. Thanks to the Auditors of Deebs these have now been corrected:

-The Founding Fathers should be at 3 fleet (not 5) since they started with 8 and lost 5 in their attack on Emmanuel.

-Kingdom of Loathing should be at 14 garrison (not 17) since they srarted with 17 but lost 3 in their defense against Emanon.

-Insurance Consortium have one extra power as there were 2 more there to be raided from Empire of WiF

-Unfortunately Deebs own numbers are correct. Empire of WiF had no Power until he stole 3 from The Kender. Then the maximum that could be stolen from Empire of WiF is 1, because an equal number are always destroyed as are stolen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Guess I'm up in smoke...

2 Insurance = 2 Points to spend = 2 Fleet and a chance to steal. Hoping your attack goes in late in the turn and there is unprotected Power to be stolen!

Actually the game as a stand-a-lone does not really have the motivation to play for the lower ranked positions. When I ran this previously Virtual Wars was one of three games and the players got points for their ending position in each game, with the total points determining who won the overall game. This meant that it was worth playing for 13th over 14th or 15th (there were 15 players) because you'd get more points. So in Virtual Wars part of the strategy was to hang on in the game as long as possible, even after you had no chance of winning.
That isn't here now. Though it would have been if I'd have set out the prizes like this:

1st 13
2nd 12
10th 4
11th 3
12th 2
13th 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
-Unfortunately Deebs own numbers are correct.

I see, I just misunderstood the rules. I thought that I would first steal 3 power and that none was left to destroy afterwards.

1000rpm wrote:
Empire of WiF had no Power until he stole 3 from The Kender. Then the maximum that could be stolen from Empire of WiF is 1, because an equal number are always destroyed as are stolen.

But in this case the number of power stolen and destroyed wasn't equal. I only stole 1 power but another 2 was destroyed. I would have preferred if the split was 2 stolen, 1 destroyed instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaah, the eery sound of silence before the imminent destruction of empires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deebs wrote:
1000rpm wrote:

I see, I just misunderstood the rules. I thought that I would first steal 3 power and that none was left to destroy afterwards.

1000rpm wrote:
Empire of WiF had no Power until he stole 3 from The Kender. Then the maximum that could be stolen from Empire of WiF is 1, because an equal number are always destroyed as are stolen.

But in this case the number of power stolen and destroyed wasn't equal. I only stole 1 power but another 2 was destroyed. I would have preferred if the split was 2 stolen, 1 destroyed instead.

I've been checking this and I think you are right. Its been a while since I ran this game and I think if it was down to the last point of Power it could be stolen rather than destroyed. I've given you an extra point of Power and spend it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1000rpm wrote:
Deebs wrote:
1000rpm wrote:

1000rpm wrote:

I've been checking this and I think you are right. Its been a while since I ran this game and I think if it was down to the last point of Power it could be stolen rather than destroyed. I've given you an extra point of Power and spend it for you.

Oooh, that means the Emanon Empire was a viable target this turn after all.

Thanks for checking!

edit: I see the Dohnuts foresaw this and took advantage, and I'm happy with the extra garrison you gave me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.