Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug writes:

Roger will be providing a report on his new arrival, I'll just pen some thoughts on the differences between this and it's daddy, Airlines.

* 1 starting share: better

* starting trains on the board: better

* no route numbers on the board/cards: much better

* reduced flight route/track types: better, but they are a bit hard to distinguish in Union Pacific

* ability to play a single of two types of shares: much better

* wertung distribution: much better

* components: much better

* Union Pacific shares: wow, hand management! The main reason I now have to upgrade my Airlines!

* Railway theme: seems to work better than an airline theme.

Roger Smith writes:

Doug: $123 mil
Craig Mc: $112 mil
Roger: $102 mil
Janet: $86 mil

The Extrablatt line-up moved straight on to UP. Doug has already posted a few thoughts on this in a prior message. This was a new game for all of us: my FunAgain order had in fact only arrived that afternoon. Doug and Janet are Airlines veterans whereas I had only played once before and Craig Mc had never played. I found it similar in style to Stimmt So! and Get the Goods, although it is obviously more involving. There was some initial confusion with a couple of the card colours: Craig Mc had been happily placing brown trains on the board which he assumed matched the [red] cards he was holding! I had some problem distinguishing tracks. At one stage I tried to place a yellow train and Doug pointed out to me that it was the wrong track. Unfortunately the same applied for two previous trains I'd played... A solid game with a tight system.

Roger's rating: 7.5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.