Hide
5 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Forbidden Alchemy» Forums » General

Subject: Best Forbidden Alchemy scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamee McGee
msg tools
My brother is coming from out of town for a visit and we were planning to geek it up with some MoM. we've played all of the original scenarios at least once and are now looking at playing FA, with official fixes. As our play time is limited, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which of the three scenarios is best, second best, and third best, including the best combinatios of clue cards for each. No spoilers, please. Im looking for something along the lines of "Best: Yellow Matter, 1c, 2b, 3a", etc. Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Yellow Matter is the best scenario by far. I think 1C might be the best objective for that, but I'm not certain about the letter, and can't post the description because spoilers. Story choices other than 1 don't make any real difference.

Behind that is probably LiTaS, and at the very back is Return of the Reanimator. I can't recommend story choices in LiTaS, and they really don't matter at all in Reanimator (not even 1). But Yellow Matter is really miles better than the other two.

EDIT: Actually, no, I will recommend avoiding 1A if you're going to run Return of the Reanimator. The other objectives aren't very good, but 1A has one extra exploit that the other two don't, so it's even worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you are playing LiTaS - you should totally pick the story choice that
Spoiler (click to reveal)
puts a clue on the rooftop, as that is one of the best locks in the game.

But yeah, Yellow Matter is by far better than the other two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bogen
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You all are blowing my mind. I just played Lost in Time and Space and everyone felt it was the best scenario we've ever played in Mansions of Madness. Return of the Reanimator was indeed very fun, but I am now very much looking forward to playing the third one now.

It could be that our LITAS scenario just happened to play out amazingly well and with a very good group of investigator players, but we felt that it hit all the right notes -- a little deduction, a variety of beasties, indoors/outdoors, good story, a variety of puzzles, and well-balanced.

- Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BogenBlitz wrote:
You all are blowing my mind. I just played Lost in Time and Space and everyone felt it was the best scenario we've ever played in Mansions of Madness. Return of the Reanimator was indeed very fun, but I am now very much looking forward to playing the third one now.

RotR gave off a bit too much of Blood Ties (base #3) vibe, but knowing the backstory, it was still fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.