Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristian Priisholm
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Hi

3 of the new corp identities are NBN, Weyland and Haas-Bioroid.

If you look at the cards, some of them have little "tags" on them:
Breaking News has a 'NBN', Hadrian's Wall has a 'W' and Adonis Campaign has a 'HB'.

If you look at other runner and corp cards you can also see other little tags. So some of the cards are identified as belonging to different identities (but not all - e.g. Private Security Force).

I am guessing this will be used for creating beginners decks, "just take all cards without a tag and all with the W tag", or perhaps - but hopefully not - to limit deck construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping it's only for beginner decks as well.
On the one hand they seem to be staying pretty close to the original netrunner (which I haven't played - looking forward this), so it seems unlikely they would implement such a radical change.
On the other hand FFG's other LCGs, like Warhammer: Invasion has had factioning, so there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Tags" is a specific game term. I think you mean the "faction icons"

We've also seen Jinteki (the tree) on the Corp side.

Factioning of the cards is the big ? right now because no-one knows how they'll implement the factioning system.

The only real knowledge we have is that some of the factioned cards have a row of five dots (some of which are lit up) on them that probably have something to do with the faction rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, all that is the faction of the card. No special meaning as far as we know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
I would have to guess that the Factions DO have some impact on the play, especially since the corner area of the cards where the Faction icon is printed has 5 dots of which a varying number are colored in. For my rampant speculation of the day, I will imagine that for the base set, the factions will work almost like a kit bashing deck - there will be some set of cards that you will use with any of the corp decks, and then you add in whichever faction gives you the flavor you want (i.e. - Big ICE, tag and bag, Tricks and Traps) Same idea for the runner, a set of cards that will be used with all the decks, then mix in a particular flavor. It makes deck building as easy as possible while maintaining the flexibility to use different playstyles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.