Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Who is the Best Character in Dust Tactics? (GenCon Prep) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I am buying expansion packs getting ready for GenCon. What pack/packs make up the best army? Is there one character that I should build my army around? Which ones have you seen be the most effective on the battlefield?

Thank you in advance for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally: Angela.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Do you know what set she is in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OZZ 117 is the best with heroic attack!

angela is from cerberus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie Sanchez
United States
Surfside
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ben,

What faction do you like to play?

Right now in DT, two german teams are tough to beat:

Beobacter/Lothar Army
Gorilla heavey army

I would suggest looking through the FFG news on Dust Tactics and check out last years army list for the champions. That is what met up in the finals last year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm rather fond of Lara.
But all of the heroes have their place and generally you can take several.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
An army build matters little if you fail to play it correctly. Also see you at the con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Does anyone know the army point level for GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, all the dust tournements are 300 pts. Both warfare and tactics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Gualtierotti
Italy
Castel Goffredo
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play Axis, and my present favorite is Angela. She may be deadly when attached to Sniper Grenadiers: thanks to the spotter she will hit with a "miss" result, and with her frenzy skill she will probably do multiple hits. As a bonus, she can also damage tanks. But keep her behind cover!

On Axis side, Lara is also a good choice, but I like Sigrid too: in our games, she led her Laser Grenadiers in many fierce fights against the BBQ Squad, sometimes winning, some other times dying... but they have always been epic fights! And don't forget the potential of laser + berserk + sustained attack...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Dakkon426 wrote:
Yes, all the dust tournaments are 300 pts. Both warfare and tactics.

Do you know if you will use all 300 points per "match" or will you build an army from those 300 pts.?

I wrote FF and this is the verb-age that they used. "Its going to be 300 point, set list."

What does that mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It means you will need to use the same 300 point list for each map, no side board to swap out units with. Last year it was a 240 army with 160 points deployed per scenario. I also wouldn't count on what they said as being 100% accurate, they still have a while to change their mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So what faction should I play? I am looking in to buying a lot more stuff for this game and want to buy toward a faction, but I don’t know which one. I know that The Axis faction won the Championship last year (both armies were Axis), but that does not concern me. I let you all pick what faction I play at GenCon this year. So let me know what you think. If you have certain Heroes that you think go well with Quads mention them and I will try them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Gentile
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just go with whatever one you like best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So, I have chosen a preliminary army for GenCon and without giving too much away do you guys/gals think that 11 Army Cards worth of troops will be large enough (enough cards in my army to give me a tactical advantage)? With three of those cards being Heroes that will be imbedded with Squads. Remember that it is a 300 point game. With my 11 card army I am 3 points short of 300. I still don’t have a “feel” for how many cards (different units) a Dust Tactics army should have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
8 activations for a 300 points game sounds about right. Unless your opponent is an Observer-spawning prick, he shouldn't have more than 9 or 10 activations, so you won't be at a disadvantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Schaub
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Loophole Master wrote:
8 activations for a 300 points game sounds about right. Unless your opponent is an Observer-spawning prick, he shouldn't have more than 9 or 10 activations, so you won't be at a disadvantage.

Do you think that I need more that 8? What is typical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.