Global War 1939» Forums » Rules

Subject: Supply rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's an optional rule regarding supply in the rule book. the way I read it, this rule only affects aircraft. Is this correct? This seems very illogical to me, as I'd expect being out of supply for a prolonged period of time would affect all units and not only aircraft. I'd opt for sth along these lines to be added: "If an area is out of supply, place a marker on it. If it's still out of supply by the end of the (nation's)player's next turn, remove all units in it from the board". In addition all units attack and defend at -1 their normal values (to a minimum of "1") when they are out of supply". This would be a very harsh rule, but this is probably more along the lines of what would have happened.

If I did read the rule correctly, I guess I will houserule it, as the entire game is basically one big houseruled A&A anyway (and I mean this in a positive way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The current rules (rev 5/24/12) which will be available here for download in a few days (when they are approved) read like this:

LINES OF SUPPLY: In order to be "in supply", land units must be able to trace a continuous line of land territories from the position they are at currently to a friendly capitol city. This line of supply, alternatively, can also be traced to a port that the nation controls or that an ally controls. However, such a port must then also be able to trace a continuous line of sea zones to a territory with a capitol city controlled by an ally, where that line of sea zones cannot contain any enemy ships or submarines. If land units are not in supply, those units will be at a -2 on all attack and defensive rolls. Aircraft starting the turn in a territory that is out of supply cannot conduct any attacks, but may fly to another location and can only move at half of the unit’s movement allowance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Blkstook wrote:
The current rules (rev 5/24/12) which will be available here for download in a few days (when they are approved) read like this:

LINES OF SUPPLY: In order to be "in supply", land units must be able to trace a continuous line of land territories from the position they are at currently to a friendly capitol city. This line of supply, alternatively, can also be traced to a port that the nation controls or that an ally controls. However, such a port must then also be able to trace a continuous line of sea zones to a territory with a capitol city controlled by an ally, where that line of sea zones cannot contain any enemy ships or submarines. If land units are not in supply, those units will be at a -2 on all attack and defensive rolls. Aircraft starting the turn in a territory that is out of supply cannot conduct any attacks, but may fly to another location and can only move at half of the unit’s movement allowance.

That already looks a lot better, IMHO.

I take it "enemy ships and submarines" does not include unaccompanied transports? If so, it might be handy to make this explicit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelley
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct, transports do not count. Only surface warships and subs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.