Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean... are there second editions on the horizon?

Or can i go with the first one without worries of seeing it out-of-date in the next months?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game *just* released in December, and there are no plans (announced or otherwise as far as I know) to release a second edition. There will be an expansion and a stand-alone set coming out over the next year, but the expansion will require either the War of Indines or Devastation of Indines, and Devastation of Indines will require neither. Also, DoI will not contain any copies of the characters from the WoI, so buying both won't be a waste.

tl;dr: Just buy the game, no need to worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NoahTheDuke wrote:
The game *just* released in December, and there are no plans (announced or otherwise as far as I know) to release a second edition. There will be an expansion and a stand-alone set coming out over the next year, but the expansion will require either the War of Indines or Devastation of Indines, and Devastation of Indines will require neither. Also, DoI will not contain any copies of the characters from the WoI, so buying both won't be a waste.

tl;dr: Just buy the game, no need to worry.

Yep, i know. Yet, after several bad "surprises" with other games from small publishers I've become a bit... uhm... suspicious.

Ok, I'll proceed with the purchase then.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
Yep, i know. Yet, after several bad "surprises" with other games from small publishers I've become a bit... uhm... suspicious.

Ok, I'll proceed with the purchase then.

Thanks.

haha I totally understand.

Glad to have helped out. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than the bases for the stand-ups, the quality of the first edition is excellent. I can't imagine they would print an updated, "improved" edition anytime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Other than the bases for the stand-ups, the quality of the first edition is excellent. I can't imagine they would print an updated, "improved" edition anytime soon.

I'd like to see them redo the art... I don't mind it right now but I don't like the fact that the styles/coloring are inconsistent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:

I'd like to see them redo the art... I don't mind it right now but I don't like the fact that the styles/coloring are inconsistent

Fair enough. My gaming career started with Magic: The Gathering, where the art style is HIGHLY inconsistent, so it doesn't really bother me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:

More than inconsistent, I'd like to see unique art for each card. I have no problem with the inconsistent style, but it annoys me that we only have one Cadenza image or one Seth image. I'd pay top dollar for WoI where every card had a different piece of art, showcasing the style in some way: Cadenza's arm flying out for Grapnel, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoahTheDuke wrote:
johncraven wrote:

More than inconsistent, I'd like to see unique art for each card. I have no problem with the inconsistent style, but it annoys me that we only have one Cadenza image or one Seth image. I'd pay top dollar for WoI where every card had a different piece of art, showcasing the style in some way: Cadenza's arm flying out for Grapnel, etc.

Trust me, I want it too... but that would drive the cost up significantly.
On games like these, art is often one of the biggest expenses. Cranking the art budget up by a factor of 7 would do very very bad things to the MSRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*lip quiver* B-but... cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredericus Rex
Germany
Bamberg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the alt.art is already there. I think we will see a alt.art edition when the first edition is sold out. Oh and if the demand would be still there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zaphikiel wrote:
Well the alt.art is already there. I think we will see a alt.art edition when the first edition is sold out. Oh and if the demand would be still there

I the end I bought it and I'm very happy with the game.

The only thing I don't like are the Lilliput-sized tokens.

Awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.