badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
, I want to apologize for the NR game we played a few weeks back where I said that you could advance any node even if it didn't say those counters could be used. That's patently incorrect.

That being said, I wonder if we'll see more advanceable nodes in the new version. We've already seen an example of advanceable ice (Hadrian's Wall) so there's no telling how this might be expanded upon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the correction. I'm not sure it had any real impact on the game though, so don't worry about it

Actually, it made sense to me that you could do so - I figured it was another part of the bluff mechanic. "Oh look, that thing I've been advancing is NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!"

Anyway, what's more important of course is how things work in the new game and we won't know about that for a while. Actually, I would have thought FFG would have had another Netrunner teaser up by now - hopefully soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zach is correct that you can't put advancement counters on anything by default except for agendas, as well as any other card that specifically says you can advance them. Nodes that don't specifically allow you to advance them can not be advanced, despite the potential bluff value in theoretically doing so.

Many of the original NR ambush cards like Experimental AI were advanceable, but some ambushes like TRAP! were not. There were also a few nodes that could be advanced that gained you bits, like Government Contract and Information Laundering. Now ice is potentially advanceable too, as seen on Hadrians Wall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, advanceable nodes. Vapor Ops was always my goto guy:

Runner: "Oooh, a datafort with an advanced agenda!" / runs fort/
Corp: Yoink!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
Ah, advanceable nodes. Vapor Ops was always my goto guy:

Runner: "Oooh, a datafort with an advanced agenda!" / runs fort/
Corp: Yoink!

Ambush nodes are awesome. The game wouldn't be the same without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Mount Prospect
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
https://greydolphingames.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:

Actually, it made sense to me that you could do so - I figured it was another part of the bluff mechanic. "Oh look, that thing I've been advancing is NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!"

That's what TRAP nodes were for. devil

Most of the Nodes that were not advanceable had good effects that I, as the Corp player, would generally use right away (with some exceptions, like Schlaghund).

The advanceable nodes would have effects that go off when rezzed (generally). When observing the Corp's data structures, the Runner had to guess whether the card was an agenda, or TRAP!, or Shell Traders, or an Upgrade, or Vacant Soulkiller (shudder). I liked some of those nodes because they would even have lesser effects if accessed from the deck(R&D) or the hand(HQ)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.