Subject: A few card ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
darune
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Planned manouvers
6- you have an unlimited number of land moves when moving armies or army groups during this impulse (subject to normal rules including forced march)
(this could also be implemented as a reserve to all powers)

Surprise attack - response
5- move one army (not army group) to attack an adjecent enemy formation. The army is allowed to detach from within an armygroup and a new command may be assumed immediately if this was the former commander. This move cannot be interceptet or evaded. In the ensuing battle you gain one extra dice. If this was used to attack a moving formation, that move is cancelled and the cp wasted. If this was used to attack before a move into the same duchy, carry out that move after the battle, this could result in a second battle being fought with that moving formation.

Fresh reserves - response
5- Turn a just won battle into an overrun and gain cp equal to a die roll that may only be used to flag or move with the surviving units/armies from that battle.

Guarde cavalry - response
6- after seeing all battle dice, roll a number of extra battledice equal to the command rating of your commander. If you loose this battle you must discard a card, a ressource or a reserve.

Generel motivation: loosen up move restrictions without breaking the game mechanic (by restricted i mean by all the cps it would cost to move all armies), more uncertainty, more action and less predictability (although the game is borderline chaotic already )

Although i have no plans on carrying this out with my gaming group, this is just thoughts, and maybe someone can use.

What do you think ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hansey
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Those are fine. Though if you are looking for new card ideas, I would suggest looking at both the Wellington and Kutuzov CDG games. There are some cards you could pick from either of them. I've haven't done it but I have thought about it.

My group still uses "voltigeurs" and "Thin red line" from the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.