Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the reprint has finally arrived! Coolstuffinc shows 20+ copies of Super Dungeon Explore as live inventory, not preorders.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/Board%20Games/Super+Dungeon+Ex...

I just ordered mine! Soooo excited!!

EDIT: And it's been confirmed that this is the reprint. See my post below.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the reprint isn't even going to ship until June. The ones available are likely first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:
My understanding is that the reprint isn't even going to ship until June. The ones available are likely first edition.

Yes, Soda Pop is estimating June 14-15th to ship, both from their original news announcement and on their current product page.

Without any other evidence to the contrary, I would expect these to be first printings. (Not that there is much of a difference, of course.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirenx wrote:

Nope, I got official confirmation from Cory that it's the new printing. I also note that
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
, reprint-availability-guru extraordinaire, has it listed in the marketplace, and also not as a pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, the SPM's website is a mess and has multiple links to SDE but it is listed on the front page and in the store as now available even though the old links still exist saying it's for pre-order. Here's hoping it comes in to my local gaming store soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CLS shipped mine, told me it was the second printing. It's arriving tomorrow, so I can confirm if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGrath
United States
OLYMPIA
WA - Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered mine and would love confirmation as to the printing edition! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that all sounds like evidence to the contrary to me, then. Groovy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if there is some kind of marking or something on the box to identify the version as being second edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too, would like to know if this is 100%it the reprint?
As someone which doesn't have, nor has ever seen, the first batch, id like to know if there's an identifier of some sort?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I too, would like to know if this is 100%it the reprint?
As someone which doesn't have, nor has ever seen, the first batch, id like to know if there's an identifier of some sort?

This is absolutely 100% the reprint.

Email directly from Cory at Coolstuff Inc.:
Quote:
Thanks for ordering with us. This is definitely the most recent printing of Super Dungeon Explore that we received in the last few days.

Geekmail directly from rsolow at CLS Games:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse.
Super Dungeon Explore 2nd Printing is in stock right now -- it arrived
on Friday. We picked up our copies after meeting with the Soda Pop
staff here in Atlanta:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/1318883/super-dungeon-exp...

How many copies would you like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, thanks for the update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: In stock at coolstuffinc!i
I believe they have a candy and cola in stock as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Super psyched because Fedex says my order is waiting for me at home! Do people want pictures/video of the quality of the new components (card stock, whether the dragon will fit together properly now, etc). Is that a thing one does? I wouldn't be able to do comparison shots, but I'm sure people could tell by watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
I doubt there will be any real changes to the models. That would have taken a while.

My biggest question is how did they change the box? Is it now a standard box, or did they stay with the one-piece box with the lid that folds over the top?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fastkarate wrote:
Super psyched because Fedex says my order is waiting for me at home! Do people want pictures/video of the quality of the new components (card stock, whether the dragon will fit together properly now, etc). Is that a thing one does? I wouldn't be able to do comparison shots, but I'm sure people could tell by watching.

I would appreciate if you could check the box and let us know if there is some kind of visual indication that it is the second edition. I’ll likely buy mine in store and would like to be sure of what I am getting when I do. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I made a video!

I hope it's not the worst thing ever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video Dave, and thanks for checking for any visual cues! I guess it's pretty much a case of crossing your fingers and hoping you get the right edition if you buy it in store, but hopefully the number you showed gives some indication.

Edit: I was actually going to email SPM and ask, but their horrible, horrible, website does not have a working contact link. Could someone look in their rulebook/box and see if there is a contact email? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fastkarate wrote:
I made a video!

I hope it's not the worst thing ever!

Thanks for the video! Comparing the back of the box in your video to this box image from last year, I see a definite difference in the contents list. The second column has changed... it looks like the second line was removed. But both are fuzzy, so it's hard to tell exactly what they are saying.

Observe (1st printing on left, 2nd printing from your video on right):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmb
It looks like the original printing says 6 double-sided boards while Dave says in the video that the new one says there are 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd printing contains assembly instructions, whereas the first did not, right? Is that listed on the 2nd printing box as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
The 2nd printing contains assembly instructions, whereas the first did not, right? Is that listed on the 2nd printing box as well?

I found a larger image of the box back. The first printing contents on the lower right are:

Super Dungeon Explore Rulebook 1 Level-Boss, Starfire the Dragon
16 Super Dungeon Explore Battle Dice 52 Highly Detailed Soda Pop Miniatures in all!
9 Unique Hero Models 6 Double Sided Dungeon Tiles
Treasure Chests, Minion Spawning Points 1 Battle Tracker
22 Kobold Minion Models Heart, Potion and Status Tokens
2 Kobold Ogres Loot, and Epic Loot Card Decks
6 Drake Denizen Models Hero, Minion, Boss, and Dungeon Effects Cards

From what I can make out in the video, it looks like this was changed in the second printing:

Super Dungeon Explore Rulebook 1 Level-Boss, Starfire the Dragon
16 Super Dungeon Explore Battle Dice 5 Double Sided Dungeon Tiles
9 Unique Hero Models 1 Adventure Tracker
Treasure Chests, Minion Spawning Points Heart, Potion and Status Tokens
22 Kobold Minion Models Loot and Treasure Card Decks
2 Kobold Ogres Hero, Minion, Boss, and Dungeon Effects Cards
6 Drake Denizen Models

Not so helpful for shopping online, but once it starts hitting game stores you can definitely tell the printings apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fedex just dropped my copy of SDE and Candy Cola off at my door.
Bonus of having a CSI in town I suppose. Next day free shipping.

@Tumorous, your assessment of the back of the new box contents is spot on.

Also, ive read somewhere that a lot of people were upset that no where on the box did it state that assembly was required, when in fact, a lot of assembly is required.

Well, on the box in my hands, on the back, in the yellow area showing off the minis, it now says that.
At the bottom of that section is ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.
So that may be another difference.

The tiles inside the box feel about on par with Last Night on Earth tiles if that helps with a reference. Both in thickness and sturdiness.

The tokens are made of the same chipboard as the tiles.

The fabled assembly guide is inside.

The cards feel very light. Lighter than any other game ive encountered. They are the same size, feel, and quality as a set of Bicycle poker cards I have on hand if that helps. They are definitely getting sleeved and deck boxed when I build the interior of the box to hold the models.

Hope all that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get in touch with a SPM rep and they replied:
Quote:
The back of box shots of the miniatures in the box, are actual photographs of miniatures, and not 3D generated images. Oh, and some spelling and grammer stuffs got fixed as well

So looks like there are a fair amount of visual identifiers for the second edition. I had not noticed that the old box didn't have actual photos before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Riley
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tumorous already did all the heavy lifting, but if it's helpful, here's a clear(er) shot of the back of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.