Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
111 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Canadian arrested after his daughter draws picture of man pointing a gun rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope those who claim it's bad in IL and California take notice and count their blessings. It can always be worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone involved in that should be shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

That might kinda hard to do since it seems the only guns in Canada are foam ones. On the bright side, the ammunition is reusable(which is better than reloadable), so I guess they can keep shooting until they get it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yet it's still not a crime to name your kids "Sundae" and "Neveah".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
To a young kid, a Nerf gun and a real gun are indistinguishable for the purpose of art and for dispatching monsters and bad guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

Agreed. From a recent highly accurate and scientifically-sound study of government-funded baby names - the Top Ten Most Hated Girl Names:

Quote:
Nevaeh ("heaven" spelled backward and one of the most divisive names around, according to Wattenberg)
Destiny (people dislike names that confer a virtue onto a child, Wattenberg said -- and many associated this name with exotic dancers)
Madison
Mackenzie
McKenna
Addison (an example of a masculine named turned feminine, which many people dislike, Wattenberg said)
Gertrude (people said this name is "ugly")
Kaitlyn (for its "made-up" spelling)
Makayla
Bertha (author's note: duh!)

I only know one person who named their kid Neveah and she is now at the age where she can legally change it if it bothers her. As for the rest on this list, I don't understand what's supposed to be wrong with Bertha or Gertrude. I have dated at least 23 different young ladies named Destiny so I'm pretty sure it's not hated at all.

As for the original article, I suspect the Canadian teacher's union has some sort of bonus system in place for hassling parents who name their kids stupidly. Probably based on the New Orleans Saints bonus program.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Destiny is a virtue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Agreed. The school officials, police, and protective services for their stupidity and the parents for naming their daughter Sundae.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:

Dammit! Beat me to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
Destiny is a virtue?

I think Destiny and Virtue are sisters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we just take a deep breath and remember that this happened in Canada and therefore doesn't matter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Can we just take a deep breath and remember that this happened in Canada and therefore doesn't matter?

Oh! I thought it happened somewhere real.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:

I'm sorry, did you just say something? You're south of the border, I wasn't listening.

and yes, that was a joke, don't shoot me. (I don't worry about fellow Canadians shooting me, foam darts you know...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my question:

Where are the liberals?

Does anyone find it supprising that no liberal, other than Chad, actually has a comment about what happened?

And what about MGK? He always has such "amazing" insight into what happens here in this country, but has nothing to say about what happens in his own?

Here's what I say about this: F**k you, Canada! I used to like taking vacations in Ontario, watching your hockey players, trying to understand your bastardization of football (really, only 3 downs...?), and getting my quadrannial fill of curling. But no longer. Total bullshit.

I love the United States of America! And why, you might ask? Because nothing like this shit would ever happen here - and if it did, it wouldn't be tolerated by anyone (except those who hate America).

So, liberals, come on out and cheer, cheer for "Oh, Canada" on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Oh, I don't know Chris. Liberals here in the US do stupid things when it comes to guns too. Here's a story about a public worker who found a loaded gun while on the job, hit it with a lawnmower, picked it up, secured it, and turned it in to police that night after he was done working for the day. He was fired (two years prior to retirement) for violating the city's policy of possessing a gun while on the job.

They should be shot too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
bjlillo wrote:
Oh, I don't know Chris. Liberals here in the US do stupid things when it comes to guns too. Here's a story about a public worker who found a loaded gun while on the job, hit it with a lawnmower, picked it up, secured it, and turned it in to police that night after he was done working for the day. He was fired (two years prior to retirement) for violating the city's policy of possessing a gun while on the job.

They should be shot too.

I agree. There are stupid people everywhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Here's my question:

Where are the liberals?

Does anyone find it supprising that no liberal, other than Chad, actually has a comment about what happened?

And what about MGK? He always has such "amazing" insight into what happens here in this country, but has nothing to say about what happens in his own?

Here's what I say about this: F**k you, Canada! I used to like taking vacations in Ontario, watching your hockey players, trying to understand your bastardization of football (really, only 3 downs...?), and getting my quadrannial fill of curling. But no longer. Total bullshit.

I love the United States of America! And why, you might ask? Because nothing like this shit would ever happen here - and if it did, it wouldn't be tolerated by anyone (except those who hate America).

So, liberals, come on out and cheer, cheer for "Oh, Canada" on this one.

What exactly would you expect a liberal to say to this? It's pretty fucking stupid, but I'd say the stupidity mostly lies with the ridiculous teacher who called in the authorities in the first place and the stupid police officers who didn't say "actually, ma'am, it turns out that drawing a gun is not a crime, and you're wasting our fucking time."

Or is this supposed to be the end-all, be-all of the gun control argument? Someone stupid did something stupid in a stupid country that may or may not actually exist, ergo gun control is bad and liberals are stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

That is also really fucking stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffTimothy wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

I'm sorry, did you just say something? You're south of the border, I wasn't listeningI lost most of my hearing to frostbite.

and yes, that was a joke, don't shoot me. (I don't worry about fellow Canadians shooting me, foam darts it would be impolite you know...)

FTFY.

(BTW, my wife is Canadian...I hope she happens across this thread.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
JeffTimothy wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:

I'm sorry, did you just say something? You're south of the border, I wasn't listeningI lost most of my hearing to frostbite.

and yes, that was a joke, don't shoot me. (I don't worry about fellow Canadians shooting me, foam darts it would be impolite you know...)

FTFY.

(BTW, my wife is Canadian...I hope she happens across this thread.)

Thanks, much appreciated eh...(now where did I put that beer.... oh yeah I left it in the glove box of my dog sled wrapped in my toque parked by the igloo.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
Here's my question:

Where are the liberals?

Comments like this, while I understand, don't really help any. Why? Because believe it or not, liberals own guns too! I know, shocker eh?

Like, I guess I could be a liberal. I'm all about free love and two guys playing swords for the rest of their lives and call it marriage, and universal healthcare, but I enjoy pumping out some 9mm and 5.56 down range.

Maybe the fact that I like and own guns doesn't make me liberal enough. I dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

I find it tremendously amusing that, since I am a liberal, you somehow assume that I would have nothing critical to say about cops and the tendency of cops to viciously abuse their powers just because they're Canadian cops. Guess what: traditionally liberals are suspicious of cops! (Fun fact: I wrote an article for Torontoist just last week about how the OIRPD report on the G20 police abuses didn't go far enough in condemning the cops.)

Cops are cops, period: a certain percentage of cops will abuse their powers regardless of where they are. I also suspect - based just on the name - that Mr. Sansone is First Nations. First Nations people in Canada get it as bad or worse from cops as black people do in the USA.

Happy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

I'm shocked. I...I thought I had a handle on the blistering hypocrisy that is the bedrock of my political philosophy, but your incredibly asinine post has jarred me into recognition that everything is a mirror to the great cosmic pissing contest that we RSPers bravely engage in day after day. From now on, I must vigilantly post in every thread, declaring "Me, too!", or "Not now, not EVER, sir!" to further refine my position in a public manner, lest the Right Wing Swingin' Ballsacks or the Left Wing High Colonics gain an upper hand on me and my moderate cronies.

Thank you again for that crap sandwich of a post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you feelin' today, Marc? Your rightmost microbadge was a nice choice for today. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, it has been a rough one. Science is suffering at my trembling hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.