Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started playing this game and ran into some questions during my game last night:

1) If a ghost has a Haunt tile symbol on the left and nothing in the middle, then as soon as it enters play it haunts a tile (which means all the villagers on it die, right?) and then each turn after that nothing happens??

2) If the left symbol on a Ghost card says to draw another Ghost and that Ghost also has the same symbol on the left, do I draw an additional Ghost? This is how I played it last night and I ended up getting 4 Ghosts in a row with the draw another Ghost ability on the left. Did I play that right and just had bad luck or do I ignore the ability?

3) During the Mystic Barrier stage, I saved the last Zhou family member, who gives you a free Mystic Barrier stage, so would I begin another round of Mystic Barrier as soon as the first one ends?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
1) Yes. Shapeless Evil immediately turns a tile (kills villagers) and then just occupy a slot.

2) Yes, you played it right. Chains of ghosts can be annoying (or deadly), but at least they are small ghosts (it's part of the luck factor of the game).

3) I'd do so. And brag about overkilling...

Have fun! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! phew... I was worried I had messed up my game, but it sounds like I did everything right... well, except I kept forgetting to use Su Ling each time a villager died, but that was to my disadvantage at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
horfrost3 wrote:
Thanks! phew... I was worried I had messed up my game, but it sounds like I did everything right... well, except I kept forgetting to use Su Ling each time a villager died, but that was to my disadvantage at least.

We do the same thing with Su Ling. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
tssfulk wrote:
horfrost3 wrote:

We do the same thing with Su Ling. shake

Here's my trick: put the cardboard Su-Ling (the reminder that you can move her at the end of your turn) on the Graveyard board, in the first spot still vacant. So, when a villager dies, you find her on the spot and take her (you may still forget to move her despite having the reminder, but it is a little help...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

Here's my trick: put the cardboard Su-Ling (the reminder that you can move her at the end of your turn) on the Graveyard board, in the first spot still vacant. So, when a villager dies, you find her on the spot and take her (you may still forget to move her despite having the reminder, but it is a little help...).

Ooooh, I like that! Thanks for the tip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.